[Solved] Urgent Request Regarding Repeated Hosting Suspension

Dear HelioHost Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to address the reoccurrence of hosting suspension, despite the brief reactivation. Regrettably, there wasn't sufficient time to access the panel before the suspension was imposed again.

I was informed of an expected restoration within 10 minutes, but unfortunately, the hosting remains suspended, rendering it inaccessible.

I kindly request your urgent assistance in resolving this matter. The continuous suspension is hindering my ability to manage and maintain the hosted project effectively.

I greatly value the service provided by HelioHost and have been an advocate for its reliability. However, the frequent interruptions are impacting the functionality of my application.

I would sincerely appreciate a prompt resolution or any guidance to mitigate these recurring suspensions, allowing me to utilize the platform seamlessly for my project's needs.

Thank you for your understanding and swift attention to this issue.

Best regards,

Andromeda Team.

Screenshot_20240101-194950_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240101-194958_Chrome.jpg

One of the other support staff suspended you for extremely high load this time around. This is your load chart (you can see where we suspended you both times because the load dropped to zero when we did). I had mentioned watching your load in your last topic because we knew this was going to be an issue.

Your CPU load was almost 14000 units in just 6 hours, the limit is 10000 for an entire 24 hour period, and your load slowed down 1000+ other websites that share the server with you. You really need a VPS to be running anything that involves video processing. It's $4/month for a small one, though for this you probably want the $7/month Venus (2CPU and 2GB RAM) considering video is extremely resource hungry.

I can unsuspend you, but we'll need to take your website offline until you figure out how to deal with this load.

Please let me know when you're ready to address the load issue and I'll unsuspend you.

image.png.c62afef139184df8c8c69cfdd50c43a6.png

Dear HelioHost Support,

Thank you for the prompt response and for clarifying the current situation. I fully understand the reasons behind the suspension due to excessive load. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to other shared sites on the server due to this issue.

To address this matter, I kindly request the temporary removal of the suspension solely for the purpose of backing up the database, specifically through phpMyAdmin. This action is crucial for migrating my project to a VPS better suited for video processing needs.

I assure you that after the necessary backup, I will immediately proceed with the migration to a more suitable VPS. I appreciate the suggestion of the Venus plan and look forward to continuing to utilize HelioHost's services after the migration.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and express my gratitude for the HelioHost platform, which has been valuable for my project.

Once I have completed the backup, I will reach out to finalize the migration process. I greatly appreciate your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Andromeda Team

No problem. I've added "deny from all" to the .htaccess file in httpdocs to block access so the site can't cause load while you back it up. Once you've got it migrated or have the load under control, feel free to remove the deny from all line to start using your account again.

It might take a few minutes for you to be able to log into Plesk again.

Unsuspended. :) 

Also, if you get the VPS from us and need help setting that up, let us know and we can help get you going. VPSes come empty (bare linux install), so a lot of people ask us to install a free control panel like Hestia to make it easier to use and set up.

Dear HelioHost Support,

I hope you are doing well. I would like to express my gratitude for your kindness in temporarily reinstating the hosting for me to back up my project.

I am interested in your $7/month plan, specifically the Venus plan with 2CPU and 2GB of RAM. However, I would like to inquire if there is any possibility of commencing payment from the following month.

This flexibility would greatly assist me during this transitional phase to the new plan. I appreciate your attention to this matter and eagerly await your guidance.

Best regards,

Andromeda Team

You: Rewrite this sentence in the style of a bard "We can do a trial of a VPS for 1 week if you want, but you would need to pay the full amount to continue after the first week."

ChatGPT: Upon yon digital realm, a VPS trial awaits, a week's embrace it offers, yet beyond this temporal dance, the full coinage must grace its passage to persist in its service song."

• Like 1

Whenever I find myself compelled to navigate the realms of professional discourse with the assistance of artificial intelligence, I begrudgingly embark on a quest to personify an air of sophistication, all while utilizing said AI as a somewhat reluctantly adopted instrument. This endeavor is tinged with a hint of exasperation, as the endeavor to conform to established norms within the professional sphere can, at times, evoke a sense of annoyance and satire in my approach.

In other words, unless you have a specific reason to use AI to communicate, like a language barrier (Google Translate is better) please take a few minutes out of your day to communicate with volunteers without using AI. It makes us feel less valued when somebody doesn’t want to take the time out of their day to communicate. 

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Urgent Request Regarding Repeated Hosting Suspension
  • Krydos locked this topic