[Solved] Requesting access for Lily Server

Ookma-Kyi

On 9/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, Ookma-Kyi said:

using .Net Core 6 for my project.

Lily supports .NET Core 3.1, .NET 5.0 and the older 4.8 CLR. Can you target against one of these? If not, I can see if it's possible to install .NET 6 for you.

Also, what is your username on Johnny or Tommy? (You're supposed to have one an account on one of those servers because some of Lily's functionality like email depends on it...that said it is possible to create a Lily account independent of them if need be).

Edited by wolstech
Ask for username

3 hours ago, wolstech said:

Lily supports .NET Core 3.1, .NET 5.0 and the older 4.8 CLR. Can you target against one of these? If not, I can see if it's possible to install .NET 6 for you.

Also, what is your username on Johnny or Tommy? (You're supposed to have one an account on one of those servers because some of Lily's functionality like email depends on it...that said it is possible to create a Lily account independent of them if need be).

I haven't been able to register an account on Tommy. Everytime I try it says "Signups are closed for that plan right now". Does the Donation bonuses count on the Lily server?

EDIT: Just checked and .Net 7 is the currently recommended version.

Source: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download

Tommy is donor only, but a free Johnny account works as well. The disk space will not carry over to Lily if you get one of the larger accounts, but Lily comes with 1000MB of space of its own, so you end up with 2000MB across the two accounts assuming you have a 1000MB plesk account.

We run the LTS versions of .net typically, so 6.0 is the current version. I'll try to install that this weekend as someone else actually asked for it yesterday as well.

6 hours ago, wolstech said:

Tommy is donor only, but a free Johnny account works as well. The disk space will not carry over to Lily if you get one of the larger accounts, but Lily comes with 1000MB of space of its own, so you end up with 2000MB across the two accounts assuming you have a 1000MB plesk account.

We run the LTS versions of .net typically, so 6.0 is the current version. I'll try to install that this weekend as someone else actually asked for it yesterday as well.

Ah too bad, I was really interested in upgrading my Lily account to the max storage space allowed. When you say "2 accounts" does that mean I will have a site on Tommy and another on Lily? If so, can both use the same domain name? Here is the setup I plan on using:

Tommy

Domain: ookma-kyi.tech

Type: Static Site

Description: The main site for the project. Will provide an overview of the project and provide links to the project source code.

Lily

Domain: app.ookma-kyi.tech

Type: .Net 6 MVC App

Description: Demo site for the project. Will provide an instance of the project for display purposes. The instance will be severely limited to prevent abuse.

EDIT: Since Tommy is "Donator only", does that mean it is more stable and less prone to bad actors?

1 hour ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

can both use the same domain name?

Yes, the example you listed where Lily has a subdomain of the main domain on the Plesk server would work.

1 hour ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

Since Tommy is "Donator only", does that mean it is more stable and less prone to bad actors?

Yes. In the past year or so Tommy got a little too overcrowded, but that is balancing out now, and Tommy is the better option again. Since all the free accounts are going on Johnny it makes it much less likely to have someone donate to be on Tommy and then do something to to make the server unstable.

I just saw what looks to be a donation from you. Let me know when the account is set up and I'll get the Lily account added for you :)

(If you can't find the invite, let me know and I can send it to a different email address since some providers love to flag them as spam).

3 hours ago, wolstech said:

I just saw what looks to be a donation from you. Let me know when the account is set up and I'll get the Lily account added for you :)

(If you can't find the invite, let me know and I can send it to a different email address since some providers love to flag them as spam).

Yep, that was me. The account is set up, and I'm accessing the Plesk panel right now. I can't seem to find the option to add my domain name ookma-kyi.tech I believe it is reference as "an additional parked domain". That is ookma-kyi.helioho.st and ookma-kyi.tech both redirect to the same site. Meanwhile I try to figure stuff out you can set up the Lily account.

EDIT: Domain for my Lily account will be app.ookma-kyi.helioho.st