[Solved] Plesk ready to go .. email?

fuzmic

Correct. It'll renew when it gets close to its expiration as long as the site is online. The only reason it would not renew on its own would be if the domain validation fails (it needs to be able to check for a file in the .well-known folder before issuing a cert, so it can fail for things like misconfigured DNS or .htaccess files blocking the verification).

IMG_20230114_220855.thumb.jpg.a0b981c710e366220481d036bfae8e91.jpgNew issues ..Good news is there is no report of site being down for 48 hours & still counting.

I log in to Plesk using Heliohost.org/login to make use of phpadmin. After a small change to just one article, i then goto into the Joomla backend, clear the cache.

I then browse peace2u.heliohost.org, the Home Page pop up.  But when i try to move to other pages, all case flag "not found 404 err".

Whats happening, how to resolve it?

I used to have a folder phpAdm in the public_html which I can browse for phpadmin using https://peace2u.heliohost.org/phpAdm/index.php.  The folder & its content are still Johnny .141.67 but it wont work so i went to Plesk.  The response please see attached image.  Why??

Plesk's mysql security works differently, so this is normal. Your username is no longer a master account with full access to all of your databases like it was in cpanel. You have to create the DB users and assign them to the DBs they need access to. For best security, you should access PMA through Plesk and just delete that installation you have on your website as it's no longer necessary with a working control panel.

As for the not found errors, if the files exist, those are likely related to your htaccess file. If you renamed it to disable it (or if it needs things Plesk doesn't support), the site could break. For example if the site used rewrite rules to generate URLs, those rewritten URLs won't be valid with the htaccess missing.

wolstech@ from plesk file manager there is no .htaccess in public_html or in root, hence the err 404 error is not resolved.  Funny!  Some link work but some flag 404.  Wave your magic wand to fix it, please.

I just found all links end up as 404 because index.php somehow became missing within the link string. This string came from sp simple portfolio extension that was working in the website before the migration.

Admins I think my tinkering has reached my ability limits.  I also get 403 error where the server refuse to process.  By ignoring ie just repeat url request it gets through.  All these happening is stated to due to .htaccess which i think has been renamed to without dot.

If the link string is within a html text i can still resolve the issue by adding index.php but if it is a built in button from SP Simple Portfolio, i am lost.  A typical erroneous link text that flag 404 error is "https://peace2u.heliohost.org/component/spsimpleportfolio/item/16-meditation?Itemid=0"
where /index.php is missing.

In Cpanel server the url is intact as in
"https://peace2u.heliohost.org/index.php/component/spsimpleportfolio/item/16-meditation?Itemid=0"

This only happened since the conversion to use Plesk; in previous Cpanel these error never occurred.  So please see if you can do something.  i actually reinstalled the latest version 2.0.7 plus add a new item which create a new portfolio item which when click "View" button send the usual missing "index.php" url that flag 404 error.  Please put on your expert thinking gear.

Krydos@ Beautiful ! bro there you are, bravo.  No more need to have extra index.php in url link .. lesson that's the result of htaccess.txt. ...  dot or no dot.

Appreciate your deductive detective work!👍🎉😊

By the way it seems Johnny seldom goes down ..also pretty fast

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Plesk ready to go .. email?
  • Krydos locked this topic