I have received Letsencrypt email. Wonder if there is some button to renew?

sylvain

Hi there. I have in my email a message from Letsencrypt that the https certificate gonna end the 24 september. I wonder if there is a simple button writen "renew Letsencrypt" something as that. If there is on what part of plesk (step by step) that i must do. Dont want to do any errors. Or if some admin could check about it and renew it. Thanks for your time. A+

You can renew it yourself. Log in to Plesk and go to Websites & Domains > SSL/TLS Certificates > Reissue Certificate > Install > Check everything except wildcard > Get it free.

But you probably don't need to do any of that because this is what Plesk says

image.png.7fbd098401d56983009e6c89bf38abec.png

So your certificate has over 2 months left on it, and it should renew on its own when it gets to about October 23rd or so.

• 8 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:59 AM, Krydos said:

you probably don't need to do any of that because this is what Plesk says

image.png.7fbd098401d56983009e6c89bf38abec.png

Apparently not all the time: letsencrypt.org "recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their total lifetime left" i.e. 30 out of 90 days, accordingly their Expiry Bot has mailed me too, 20 & 7 days before expiration,

for a certificate which now says

"Valid To July 13, 2023
Will be automatically renewed".

Should renewal happen (earlier) automatically these days, or do I have to click "Reissue Certificate" in Plesk every quarter?

It'll happen on its own (or is supposed to anyway...). It usually happens when there's less than 2-3 weeks left on the certificate, so for a July 13th expiration, I'd expect it to renew in mid-late June.

3 hours ago, milano said:

their Expiry Bot has mailed me too, 20 & 7 days before expiration,

If you issue a certificate that covers just maindomain.helioho.st and then later reissue it for some reason such as to cover www.maindomain.helioho.st and maindomain.helioho.st you will still get notifications about the first certificate expiring soon even though the domains are still secured. It happens to me all the time too with reissues on my VPS and shared hosting accounts. I just double check the domain to make sure the notification isn't correct and then ignore the email.