[Solved] Tomcat is missing connection pooling jar files in tomcat lib

chanders

Greetings,

I had been getting null pointer exception on jdbc connection creation (ever since tommy crash) -- the root cause of this is the missing jdbc connection pooling jar files in the tomcat library. Either these libraries were not loaded after the 'tommy' crash or are corrupted.

Please restore these missing jar files in Tomcat library or do a fresh install of the tomcat server. This should fix the null pointer issues for all those who are using the connection pooling in jdbc.

Unfortunately this issue has remained undiscovered for quite sometime -- appreciate if you would please fix it as soon as possible. 

Thanks you.

Dear Krydos,

While this file may not be corrupted, it is highly likely that some of jdbc calls might be getting overloaded (overridden) by non-functioning or corrupted jdbc calls (from a different jar file). Appreciate if you would please test and confirm by making calls to "Datasource" and "setPoolProperties" and then create a Connection using "getConnection()" -- then create a sql "Statement" and "execQuery" -- resultSet.next() will present java.lang.NullPointerException!

Krydos,

Thanks for trying -- Unfortunately my servlet 'citisnetsql3' works find locally, but I run on tommy (and has worked ok before though) gives null pointer exception -- please check my 'server log' to see if it provides any additional info.... Here is what I get in my console view..

<!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error</title><style type="text/css">h1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} h2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} h3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} body {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} b {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} p {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} a.name {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Exception Report</p><p><b>Description</b> The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.</p><p><b>Exception</b></p><pre>java.lang.NullPointerException
com.citisnet.buildapp.processRecord.runSqlCommand(processRecord.java:1572)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processRecord.runSqlCommandOn(processRecord.java:923)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processRecord.processSql(processRecord.java:913)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processRecord.processSqls(processRecord.java:637)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processRecord.processRec(processRecord.java:2778)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processInput.process_action(processInput.java:201)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processInput.processCmd(processInput.java:146)
com.citisnet.buildapp.processInput.readParam3(processInput.java:126)
com.citisnet.buildapp.MeBook.doPost(MeBook.java:95)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:661)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
</pre><p><b>Note</b> The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Apache Tomcat/8.5.24</h3></body></html>

thanks.