Johnny Backups Ready

Krydos

The Johnny backups should be ready to go. If you created your account before 2024-03-08, and you were on the Johnny server you should be able to go to https://heliohost.org/backup/ to download the best backup we could recover for you. Like we mentioned in a previous news post, anyone who created their account after 2024-03-08 will have to use whatever personal backups you created yourself. Please let us know if anything is missing from your backup, because the server is still powered on so we may be able to find something more for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are also 16 accounts with an exception to the March 8 date due to manual backups being created by staff during routine support and maintenance tasks. That list is here: https://helionet.org/index/topic/61405-johnny-rollback-to-march/?do=findComment&comment=274060

If your account appears on that list, a backup newer than March 8 is available for your Johnny account from https://heliohost.org/backup/

• Like 1

I am apparently able to log into my account and upload all the news files on Heliohost via FTP. But when I go on my web site (dahuhunter.heliohost.org), the error 502 still appears. 

Johnny's Apache is broken due to the disk issues as mentioned in a previous News post. Plesk is sort of working on Johnny, but any accounts on Johnny that do still exist will not work properly. Any changes you make on a Johnny account at this point will be deleted as part of the Johnny server rebuild in a few days.

For the time being, your only option for a working account is to move to Tommy or buy a VPS.

1 hour ago, dahuhunter said:

Do we have any information how long it will take for Johnny server to be rebuilt ?

There isn't an ETA for that, but i assume around 2 - 3 weeks or so once it's started. maybe longer.

Accounts created created after 2024-03-08 have to use personal backups. But in my case after login I only view this message:

Website Error

It looks like something went wrong. If you try again later it might start working on its own, 
or you can contact support to let us know that it's broken. Thanks.

I cannot upload any file or restore my settings.

Edited by akinet

The server is still broken and has not been rebuilt yet. We just recovered the data and made it available in backup form.

The server will likely take several additional weeks to rebuild. Once that’s done, the plan is to replace that message when logging in with the option to either restore your backup into an account, or reinvite yourself without waiting for open signups if there is no backup available for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Krydos locked this topic