[Solved] Account suspended incorrectly?

wendyfiore

Hello, I think my account was suspended incorrectly. Tried to access my website and suddenly got met with the Account Suspended page, and I did not do anything wrong. I didn't even get an e-mail from HelioHost telling me about anything related to the suspension. Can I please ask why I was suspended and if I can be unsuspended?

Both of your accounts attempted to send about 6000 spam emails. As it says in our terms of service you aren't allowed to send spam from our servers. Did you receive written permission from an administrator to have more than one account?

First of all, I think i've maybe been hacked bc on my website's code there's nothing that even tries to send e-mails afaik, so maybe I was password guessed and someone abused of my account?

Second of all, yes, I have two accounts but only one is used and I can explain why I have two accounts. Before Tommy was migrated to Plesk, the only way we could use our accounts was using FTP and it wasn't good. But Johnny already had sign ups open and Plesk working, so I made an account on Johnny while waiting for the other account to be migrated to Plesk. Eventually, the other account got migrated to Plesk but at that point I already had a lot of stuff on the other account, so the other account remaint active, but I barely logged in to it. I don't know if you can delete accounts so this is why it still existed.

It would be great if you could send me a password reset e-mail for this account so I'm sure no one's really getting in, and this account I'm posting from is the one I would like to keep.

I have a question as well: the other account was on Tommy cPanel before but it got transferred to Johnny Plesk. As it is going to be deleted, can I go back to Tommy on this account later on when things are more stable or no?

On 11/11/2023 at 1:34 AM, wendyfiore said:

this account I'm posting from is the one I would like to keep.

The wendyfiore account has been unsuspended.

It would be great if you could send me a password reset e-mail for this account

Try logging in with the old password first. Ideally it would be great if our suspension system restored the previous password when an account is unsuspended, but it doesn't always work right and I'm still trying to debug it. If you can't login with your previous password let us know and we can send a password reset link.

can I go back to Tommy on this account later on when things are more stable or no?

Yes, we are planning on offering free transfers back to Tommy for previous users when the uptime is better and that server isn't so crowded. We are also going to be releasing a new server named Morty soon that won't require logging in every 30 days and no high load suspensions, etc. It will start at $1 per month, and scale upwards in price to a maximum of $0.57 per day depending on how high your load is on that day. When Morty is released we expect quite a few people to switch from Tommy to Morty and that should make quite a bit of space on Tommy. You could also transfer from Johnny to Morty at that point if you'd prefer to not have to login every 30 days.

• Krydos locked this topic