[Solved] incorrectly suspended?

hestia66

is it possible to check why my account was suspended? i just tried to log in for a bit and got the suspended message, but probably did not even receive any email about it... so i dont even know when did it happen.

i do have a wordpress site, but have already been trying to convert it to something else, but always something else comes up, so i haven't managed to do it yet... usually i even check if there has been any big load on it or not, but now i'm not even sure if it even showed the actual load somewhere or was that some upcoming feature etc...

i probably have a different email here in the forums, but the account should be on the tommy server and domain is "xn--plised-pxa.ee"

thank you

An admin can tell you why you were suspended. Wordpress can cause high load which can get your account suspended. If you necessarily need to use wordpress, i recommend using caching plugins or just coverting it to HTML all together.

• Like 1

It was high load. Not sure how bad it was as the suspender did not log it, but I do remember seeing your account floating right around the 10000 mark last week.

You can monitor your own load at https://heliohost.org/dashboard/load/ Please keep the CPU under 10000 per day and the memory usage under 100GB per day to avoid being suspended for load.

Unsuspended.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, it probably happened again just couple of days later, so there probably isn't any point to unsuspend it again until the Wp issue is fixed, but does the monthly login still apply the same way as it did before and it wont get deleted or smth? i could then keep logging in every 1 month until i get some time to start fixing it etc...

but is the cache plugin like another addon thing that manages all other plugins somehow or do i need to find a specific 'cache alternative' for every plugin that i want to replace? and if its just 1 cache addon, then which one could be the best to use/try?

If you're suspended, you can't log in, and any attempt to do so won't count. If you remain suspended for 30 (might be 60?) days, your account and its content is permanently deleted.

If you aren't ready to fix it, the best course of action would be to unsuspend it but block the website with .htaccess so it can't be accessed and won't cause load. That way you can still log in to keep the account alive. Do you want me to do that?

As for caching, if you're using WP and have dynamic content, caching will help a lot less than if the site is mostly static pages. You can't cache dynamic content since it has to run on every page load in order for it to be current.

Unsuspended. I've added "deny from all" to the htaccess in the public_html folder for you to disable the website.

It may take up to 2 hours for everything to settle as the domains look to be pending an apache restart at the moment (currently returning default webpage).

• Thanks 1

• wolstech changed the title to incorrectly suspended?

I commented out the deny from all line in the .htaccess and it seems to be working fine https://xn--plised-pxa.heliohost.org/ Normally you'd see a 403 but this is a weird cPanel transfer account so they do weird things sometimes I guess. If you're having issues with the account I would recommend doing a full backup and then we can reset the account to give you a fresh start and then restore the files and databases that you need back into the fresh working account.

It looks like most of your load is unsurprisingly coming from the Wordpress install

root@johnny [/home/xn--plised-pxa.heliohost.org/public_html/300-000]# ls
error_log      license.txt     wp-activate.php     wp-comments-post.php  wp-content   wp-links-opml.php  wp-mail.php      wp-trackback.php
index2222.htm  readmeexe.html  wp-admin            wp-config.php         wp-cron.php  wp-load.php        wp-settings.php  xmlrpc.php
index.php      readme.html     wp-blog-header.php  wp-config-sample.php  wp-includes  wp-login.php       wp-signup.php

ok i noticed that i cant log in again, but why did it go down when there was no access to it? (i even saw some 403 error for the wp site, but main html page showed some Apache homepage)
i can do backup today, but probably need the unsuspension for that (for the database backup, or ftp too?)

Someone resuspended you for the load because the deny from all had been commented out (Krydos had mentioned doing that when I asked about the Apache page, which is unusual for a deny from all...we think that's related to the fact you're a transfer account)

Unsuspended and site blocked again. Please remove the WP site quickly.

ok thanks, the backup is running now, but does it have the access file edited again now, and i can later try to use the correct file for a second to try and put the site in maintenance mode? then i could probably do more backups and conversions more easily etc.. or the admin panel would load it up too much too?

It really depends on the WP configuration. WP in general is really heavy though.

If you want to make the site available once the backup is done so you can put in maintenance mode, just edit the .htaccess file in your public_html folder and put a # in front of the deny from all line. Just make sure you watch your load at https://heliohost.org/dashboard/load/ to make sure it isn't too heavy.

ok thanks. i tried to install 2 different maintenance mode plugins now, but the only thing that i can get working on them is the preview page, so is there somekind of server cache somewhere that still shows the original page to visitors or the plugins just are not working properly for some reason?