[Solved] Cannot retrieve email currently - "Connection to storage server failed."

gektek

Greetings. So I am able to connect to my domains webmail page but when I try to log in there is a delay and then a message pops up stating, "Connection to storage server failed." Are mail services down at the moment or is this unique to my account? Am still learning...what further information might you need from me to assist?

Please and thank you.

Jacob

Weird. Never seen that one before. Your account looks perfectly fine on the backend from what I can tell. I can replicate that by entering random data in the fields and clicking log in, so its something related to the server itself as opposed to a specific mailbox.

Lets see what Krydos says.

• Thanks 1

No, you didn't do anything wrong.

Every year around August 1st we have to contact Plesk and renew our licenses for another year. Last year they were pretty quick to approve our renewal, but this year their legal department had a few questions for us, and of course anything involving lawyers takes forever. Our licenses expired while they were pushing paper around and went into a grace period mode. During that grace period a lot of SSL certificates got messed up, and all sorts of stuff broke. It has been causing some downtime for Nginx last week while we cleaned up the mess. This storage engine error was similar because dovecot, the mail server software, was refusing to restart because there was a missing mail SSL certificate. Once I fixed the config files it restarted without any problems.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

• Thanks 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Cannot retrieve email currently - "Connection to storage server failed."
  • Krydos locked this topic