[Solved] Adding DNS Record

Jarno02

You can't do it yourself if you're using our name servers, but Krydos can add it for you if you post the record that needs added and the domain it needs to be added to.

If you need to update DNS frequently, you could also consider switching to external DNS like cloudflare.

Alright, thank you. The record that needs to be added is the following:

type: CNAME
name: _C18DAE0E61EA5847D7EFE314C69994E5.jarno.helioho.st
point to: 9425033C9755B1FF2B9569F0E75CF029.45818A5767C9877216BCBB2A3F8D6CD7.f7673e88ee72013.comodoca.com
ttl: 3600

Since this looks like a SSL verification, are you aware that Plesk can provide free SSL certificates and then automatically update them when they get close to expiring? I don't mind adding the DNS record for you if you really need it though.

I figured that since the free SSL certificate provided through Plesk also needed a DNS record added to be installed, I would have to send a request every 30 days. If this is not the case then that would definitely be easier. If so, this record can be added instead:

type: TXT

Domain name: _acme-challenge.jarno.helioho.st

Record: QG54NsZqo2yTvOb6H8SKHoGlXinU7ABB_UcJX3A5e8Q

If you're using the Plesk SSL, uncheck the option for wildcard certificates and run it again. It'll install without any DNS verification at all. :) We don't support wildcard certificates at the moment, and most users don't need them anyway.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Adding DNS Record
  • Krydos locked this topic