[Solved] I want to upgrade to $4 VPS start at $4 per month

flechen

You can sign up for a VPS here: https://heliohost.org/vps/ There may be a wait list, if so you can sign up for the wait list by clicking on a full plan.

Keep in mind that a VPS and shared hosting are entirely different products. A VPS comes with a bare install of whatever OS you want, you get SSH access to it and you install everything yourself. It has no control panel or even a web server like Apache by default, you'll need to install those if you want them. Krydos can usually help if you don't know how to install the software, and there's plenty of free control panels you can install on a VPS if you'd prefer something a little easier to use than a command line (KeyHelp and Hestia are two common ones).

Morty will offer a more conventional Plesk-based shared hosting upgrade path once it's built.

I'll also have Krydos take a look at this for you since he deals with most of the VPS stuff to see if he has anything to add.

If you're not too familiar with SSH command lines we can install a control panel for you. Plesk, like you have on Johnny is not free though, and would add $13.50 per month to whatever VPS plan you choose. So a Mercury VPS running Plesk with 1 GB memory, 2 CPUs, and 50 GB storage would be $17.50 per month total. We can also install a free control panel for you. The two most popular free control panels that people use are Hestia and KeyHelp. As far as moving your sites over you would basically just need to create a backup of your Johnny account and then extract the files and databases and whatever you need to upload to the VPS. We can help you with your DNS settings for moving your domains over.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] I want to upgrade to $4 VPS start at $4 per month
  • Krydos locked this topic