[Solved] domains been disabled

mateusfmello

The hfmello.com one is being disabled because it is not hosted with us (resolves to 185.244.36.209 which is not our IP). Domains that do not resolve to our servers are disabled regularly to improve server performance. This behavior is by design.

Is there a reason you need the domain on your account when it isn't actually using our server (also, you don't need the parent domain on your account if you only need a subdomain of it hosted here)? Or is it somehow being used and our script missing it (if so, how is it being used)?

As for the mateus subdomain (which does point to our server), this one is probably a bug or the script being overzealous (I'd bet it's seeing the root domain not hosted here and disabling all of its subdomains even though the sub is hosted here). Escalating to Krydos.

2 hours ago, wolstech said:

As for the mateus subdomain (which does point to our server), this one is probably a bug or the script being overzealous (I'd bet it's seeing the root domain not hosted here and disabling all of its subdomains even though the sub is hosted here). Escalating to Krydos.

I did some testing and it looks like it's Plesk being overzealous. My script correctly recognizes that mateus.hfmello.com is hosted by us, and leaves it active, but when it gets to hfmello.com it detects that it's not hosted by us and disables it. But, apparently if you disable a domain Plesk automatically disables all subdomains too. I didn't realize that until I tested it with these particular domains.  

3 hours ago, mateusfmello said:

disabled on plesk 3 times, cold you please check why is it happing.

now I re-activate them but I have done this before but after a wile, the sites changed to disabled again.

We let everyone know that we were disabling unused domains back on 2023-01-01 in this news post, and encouraged users to volunteer which domains they didn't need so we could delete them and improve the uptime.

8 hours ago, Krydos said:

I did some testing and it looks like it's Plesk being overzealous. My script correctly recognizes that mateus.hfmello.com is hosted by us, and leaves it active, but when it gets to hfmello.com it detects that it's not hosted by us and disables it. But, apparently if you disable a domain Plesk automatically disables all subdomains too. I didn't realize that until I tested it with these particular domains.  

We let everyone know that we were disabling unused domains back on 2023-01-01 in this news post, and encouraged users to volunteer which domains they didn't need so we could delete them and improve the uptime.

12 hours ago, mateusfmello said:

Hi,

2 of my domains (https://mateus.hfmello.com/ and https://hfmello.com/) were disabled on plesk 3 times, cold you please check why is it happing.

now I re-activate them but I have done this before but after a wile, the sites changed to disabled again.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, the primary domain that's hfmello.com which is on another server no problem being disabled (and for the moment could remain disabled), on the other server I have set up forwarding to my subdomain mateus.hfmello.com which is the one where my site is actually hosted so this one that could not be disabled. Until the revision of the script, if removing the domain that is on the external server resolves the issue of disabling the subdomain too, you could remove it, leaving only the subdomain mateus.hfmello.com, in the future if I need to use it again here I can ask to be added by ticket.

11 hours ago, wolstech said:

The hfmello.com one is being disabled because it is not hosted with us (resolves to 185.244.36.209 which is not our IP). Domains that do not resolve to our servers are disabled regularly to improve server performance. This behavior is by design.

Is there a reason you need the domain on your account when it isn't actually using our server (also, you don't need the parent domain on your account if you only need a subdomain of it hosted here)? Or is it somehow being used and our script missing it (if so, how is it being used)?

Hi, thanks for the feedback, the primary domain that's hfmello.com which is on another server no problem being disabled (and for the moment could remain disabled), on the other server I have set up forwarding to my subdomain mateus.hfmello.com which is the one where my site is actually hosted so this one that could not be disabled. Until the revision of the script, if removing the domain that is on the external server resolves the issue of disabling the subdomain too, you could remove it, leaving only the subdomain mateus.hfmello.com, in the future if I need to use it again here I can ask to be added by ticket.

Ok, I have removed hfmello.com, changed your main domain to hfmello.helioho.st, and changed mateus.hfmello.com from a subdomain to a regular domain so it won't get disabled anymore. If you decide to host hfmello.com with us some day in the future just let us know and it can be re-added to your account.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] domains been disabled
  • Krydos locked this topic