[Solved] Config table does not contain the version.

garrigue

Hello,

sorry to bother you but it's been 3 times I reinstall Moodle 4 on the server and I'm facing the same issue during the install process reachable at 900m.heliohost.us

"Config table does not contain the version. You cannot continue.
Can't find data record in database table course."

I check on the forums, some people suggest to reinstall the software, this is what I did.
I have no clue on how to integrate the version number in the database.

I would prefer to use Moodle script on Plesk but it's not the last version so I try by myself to install Moodle 4.

Could you help me please?

Thank you

It sounds like either broken software, or software that's incompatible with our server, especially if 3 separate install attempts all led to the same bad result. Unfortunately we can't really assist with troubleshooting the actual software as none of us are familiar with it.

Have you asked on their forum about why you'd get this error when there's no prior installation and the system requirements are met? Specify when you start that you've already reinstalled 3 times and every installation had this error. It may be a bug they need to fix, or they may be able to tell you how to add the missing data.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

In my case this error was caused by wrong cache in moodledata folder. I moved Moodle to another server and wanted to launch it in the same server environment (same PHP version, same MySQL version), but got that error "Config table does not contain version while upgrading moodle". Removing everything in  moodledata/cache and moodledata/temp solved the problem