account setup problems

MatthewB

Dear Admins,

Please send a notification by email, when the signup related problems is fixed. I had to change my domain temporarily meanwhile.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

You'll need to check back here at the forums and check your site for that information. Your forgetting that this is a free service.

I think sending a mass email e easy... But anyway is it so bad to come here and check for new posts, fernandinand?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week passed until i created the account (Oct 23th) and still can't access to it. (I posted about it in this topic on Oct 26th - post #54)

I received the following email:

Dear pancardo,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

The /usr partition on this server is running out of disk space.

WHM operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening.

Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.</h3>

</body>

</html>

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

I feel a little sad... but I will not give up!. I tried to signup again, I expect that this time i can have my account... another 24-48hrs or even more?.

My account details:

Domain: pancardo.heliohost.org

Control Panel URL: http://pancardo.heliohost.org/cpanel

Best Regards!

As the FTP logs show, the problem seems to be with the password, then. Maybe this will help in getting to the problem. Of course that the password reset isn't working either, but i wouldn't know what the problem is in that case. Because I'm getting HH emails, I just got the one asking me to renew the account (and I did successfully).

Isn't it a little bit weird that a big project (even if done voluntarily) only has one administrator to manage things? I mean it was obvious that he would end up not being present... I gess that's what we get for not wanting to waste some little cash on a paid host :P

Been around 2 weeks for me when i setup for an account and no information whatsoever.

Seems like the only option is to change host. This same thing happened on last host aswell. Admin went somewhere and finally whole service went down...

I might be switching too, but to where? Everywhere else sucks :(

Been around 2 weeks for me when i setup for an account and no information whatsoever.

Seems like the only option is to change host. This same thing happened on last host aswell. Admin went somewhere and finally whole service went down...

My problem is that I want to use Python. This is one of the few free webhosts to support this. Actually, I think I'm gonna switch to paid hosting soon, but until then I'd like to host my blog and test some few things on a free host...

I don't know why Heliohost has only one admin, but I know that this is a big problem.

My problem is that I want to use Python. This is one of the few free webhosts to support this. Actually, I think I'm gonna switch to paid hosting soon, but until then I'd like to host my blog and test some few things on a free host...

I don't know why Heliohost has only one admin, but I know that this is a big problem.

Most important thing for customer satisfaction is communication. Even for free services.

So far I have seen only replies from board admin. Most funniest were "Honestly? No" even free services has to have to act like professionals. (Yes I am working as a system admin for large enterprises my self and I know how it works).

Anyway found a new host. Hopefully things here gets sorted out. Ciao!