[Solved] My account is suspended

Hello,  my private blog website is suspended. I am not sure what went wrong but i do hope you can unsuspend my account  and if need be tell me what I did  wrong that leads to the suspension.

Gratitude and looking forward to be with you for a very long time

Your account was suspended for causing high server load. I've unsuspended your account but please try to limit the load you put on out servers.

Since you mentioned a blog, I guess you're using WordPress which mostly causes high load issues. If that's not the case, let us know, we might be able to help you get the exact cause of the spike.

But anyway, when the server is on high load, a few accounts who aren't causing the load end up getting suspended too. Yours could've been such a case.

I have no idea why you would say this. The numbers don't lie, so I don't know why you would lie to users about this. If you continue making things up we may need to discuss this further. This is the second time I've seen you spread blatantly false information, and who knows how many people you've told this to on discord.

I am not sure what went wrong but i do hope you can unsuspend my account  and if need be tell me what I did  wrong that leads to the suspension.

Your suspension shouldn't come as a surprise. We provide a tool in cpanel so you can monitor your own account load.

e033f38789559b21537c4b5ca85e7e08.png

As you can see you're one of the top memory usage accounts every day except the day that your account was suspended. To be honest the blue bars (cpu) don't matter as much most of the time. It's the red bars (memory) that will get you suspended easily. If you weren't aware of this graph you can check it yourself in cpanel at https://tommy.heliohost.org:2083/frontend/paper_lantern/load/index.live.php

• Like 1

But anyway, when the server is on high load, a few accounts who aren't causing the load end up getting suspended too. Yours could've been such a case.

I have no idea why you would say this. The numbers don't lie, so I don't know why you would lie to users about this. If you continue making things up we may need to discuss this further. This is the second time I've seen you spread blatantly false information, and who knows how many people you've told this to on discord.

Well, I got to know this from wolstech and so .. I just said what I was told, not spreading false information for that matter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gratitude to both of you for the help. I'll keep that link in mind... I would also not have both of you at each other's throat, I'm sure he was trying to help. I plead on his behalf to temper your decision with mercy.

You are the reason I (we) all here.  Again I say thank you.

@sohamb03: it sounds like you misunderstood (or perhaps I explained badly). The way this works is it suspends accounts *until* the load comes down. It doesn't suspend users who don't make any load, that'd be pointless. Also, an account that's suspended produces no load at all, it just wastes space.

If you had a list of accounts and sort them by heaviest use at the top, the logic is (oversimplified): "suspend account at top of list, recheck load, repeat if still too high".

I have seen cases where the chart doesn't show a lot of load, but the user gets suspended for it. These are "spike load" suspensions. My understanding is that the chart Krydos shows reflects an *average* of an account's use for the day, so an account that normally doesn't produce much load could spike from nothing to the top (from, say, a bad script executing) and suspend, and it won't look too bad on that chart.

@Krydos: How often does that chart update? Is there a sampling rate for that data?

Also, an account that's suspended produces no load at all, it just wastes space.

Suspended accounts do still cause a little load, but only like 1% of the load they would cause unsuspended. Still if someone on our servers gets the reddit hug of death suspending the account will help some, but not enough. The few times that this has happened I've actually had to delete the offending account's dns records, and after a few hours when the cached A records dropped off the internet the load finally came down to allow the other thousands of domains on the server to return to normal. The moral of the story, if your site is going to make it to the front page you should probably be using a VPS, not shared hosting. Even paid shared hosting would probably suspend you to get everyone else's sites back online.

@Krydos: How often does that chart update? Is there a sampling rate for that data?

The chart updates once an hour, and the days are broken up based on 00:00 UTC. So at 01:00 UTC your current day's bars will show your load for the last hour, at 02:00 UTC your current day's bars will show your load for the last 2 hours, and so on.

I've gone to great lengths, and spent a lot of time developing this load system to be as fair as possible. A lot of other hosting companies just suspend you if you go over X amount of memory used. This is silly though because if the server is fine, and everyone else's accounts are still online and fine why does it matter if one account crosses an imaginary line? Our system a popular account can sometimes cause massive load that any other hosting company would suspend for sure, and be fine. The downside to our system is it tends to cause some confusion because people have a good day like that with, just making up some numbers to illustrate my point, say 5000 people viewing their site or whatever and don't get suspended. Then they have another day where only 4000 people visit their site and they get suspended for it, but the second day with less views happens to coincide with 15 other accounts also getting 3000 page views causing the whole server to get overloaded and performance to drop for everyone. The first account is still causing the most load on the server with 4000 views, but they might not understand the bigger picture of the whole server. The reason I got upset is because our system can be a little confusing for users, I totally understand that, and your comments are just making it even more confusing to people, and making it seem even more unfair. Does that make sense now?