[Solved] domain not configured: otchau

otchau

The domain xupload.ir has been released and is now available for reuse.

As for what happened, this is an interesting one. You left your domain pointed to our name servers, but had no account with us for a period of time, so the domain was not associated with an account. A domain thief signed up a few weeks ago and attached every unassociated domain to his account, presumably so he could abuse them to serve malware, ads, or phishing. For security reasons, when we detected and banned the domain thief, we didn't release any of the domains to avoid him doing it again. The error you were seeing was a result of the domain being owned by another user (the thief's banned account).

Your IP suggests Virginia (google says its assigned to Microsoft or Xerox), which makes sense. I'll let Krydos take a look.

I suspect something suspended you based on your domain, and you might be the unfortunate circumstance of being a US citizen with an Iranian domain. Keep in mind you may be asked to privately send us a scan of your ID to prove you live in the USA, but I'll let Krydos decide if that's necessary.

Iranian domains aren't allowed regardless of where you actually live. Personally I would love to have Iranian users, but our government and your government can't seem to get along. If we allow users to host Iranian domains we will first end up losing cPanel, and eventually face legal action from the US government as well. Not worth the risk.

With most country specific domains you have to prove you live there before you can register it. I assume you proved you lived in Iran in order to purchase this domain. If that is not the case you're welcome to prove you live in Virginia by uploading a scan of your driver's license or your passport or some other government issued ID. Don't post it publicly. PM it to Wolstech or myself, and then post a note on this thread letting us know you sent the PM. I don't check my PMs ever unless someone reminds me that they sent one.

User account nomaedox was found hosting the xupload.ir domain today and has been suspended. Regardless of who purchased it, .ir domains are not welcome here because the ICANN-assigned registrar for them is in Iran (even if the user is not). We are legally prohibited from doing business with Iran as explained above.

Also, doing some research on the IP...it belongs to a Microsoft Azure instance. I'd be willing to bet there's a VPN exit being hosted there. The IP on both otchau and nomaedox is also the same.