[Solved] Please fix Optimize Website on Tommy Server Cpanel

nmbayu

I want to say this is intentionally disabled for load reasons, though I'll have krydos check anyway. If it is intentionally disabled, we need to remove the button.

My suggestion for speed issues would be what flazepe said...ditch Wordpress. It's junk compared to just about every other cms out there. Badly written, inefficient, slow, full of security holes, and easily hacked.

In ricky server the optimize website is full 100 enabled,I check my friend web that use ricky server, and gzip test result is enable.but in tommy is only a part that enabled..you can check it by hummingbird plugin on wordpress..i think this is not because wordpress or not but because apache handler on tommy thats not fully working to enabled optimize website on cpanel

I want to say this is intentionally disabled for load reasons, though I'll have krydos check anyway. If it is intentionally disabled, we need to remove the button.

My suggestion for speed issues would be what flazepe said...ditch Wordpress. It's junk compared to just about every other cms out there. Badly written, inefficient, slow, full of security holes, and easily hacked.

Ooo ok thanks for the explanation

For anyone who is curious or finds this thread through searching, the difference is the cpanel version. Tommy is running the latest version of cpanel and Ricky is running a much older version. In the older versions of cpanel the optimize website button in cpanel enabled .htaccess mod_deflate compression on all static files, and also enabled zlib compression for php too. In the newer versions of cpanel like Johnny and Tommy have and Ricky will one day be upgraded to the optimze website button in cpanel only enables the compression on the static files. In order to enable php compression an admin has to do it. That's why there's the note in cpanel about contacting your system admin.

787e1bf51771c9fd25dbe96f601d3078.png

I'm not sure why they made this change. It actually seems better to me in the older versions of cpanel.

For anyone who is curious or finds this thread through searching, the difference is the cpanel version. Tommy is running the latest version of cpanel and Ricky is running a much older version. In the older versions of cpanel the optimize website button in cpanel enabled .htaccess mod_deflate compression on all static files, and also enabled zlib compression for php too. In the newer versions of cpanel like Johnny and Tommy have and Ricky will one day be upgraded to the optimze website button in cpanel only enables the compression on the static files. In order to enable php compression an admin has to do it. That's why there's the note in cpanel about contacting your system admin.

787e1bf51771c9fd25dbe96f601d3078.png

I'm not sure why they made this change. It actually seems better to me in the older versions of cpanel.

Ok, thank you very much for your explanation, I appreciate that