[Solved] Not able to create a new schema on PostgreSQL

systemcr

Hi,

I want to create a new schema on my PostgreSQL database but it seems I don't have enough permissions to do so (image attached).

Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks in advance!

PD: by the way, it seems PostgreSQL's version on Johnny is 9.2, which is a bit old... could it be updated?

post-179896-0-72033800-1577789137_thumb.png

Edited by systemcr

This one is a Krydos question. I don't know of too many if anyone who has tried to make additional schemas in PG here, simply because almost nobody uses PG here. The pg_cron question you had is also best answered by Krydos: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/38190-pg-cron-for-postgresql/?do=findComment&comment=169411 though I've responded there as well with a few alternate solutions.

You're one of the first to really exercise some technologies we offer (especially ASP.NET), so lots of things to fix and adapt :) 

As for version, I doubt it. We generally have to use whatever versions cPanel offers to avoid breaking cPanel.

Hi,

No problem if the version can't be updated. However, not being able to create schemas is a big limitation in my opinion, as it helps a lot to keep database's objects well organized. It'd be great if we could create them.

Edited by systemcr

Hi,

I think it is more to grant access to the user I use to connect through pgAdmin to be able to use all of the objects in the database. I think I've done it from phppgadmin, but there're asterisks in the table of privileges after grating them whose meaning I don't understand: 

Screenshot: https://i.ibb.co/wsKJKJG/Screenshot-1.png

I can't still work from pgadmin after this grant.

I need to work from pgadmin because I can't be creating my database objects from a UI tool like the one provided by phppgadmin; I need to do this through SQL (I know, I can also run SQL from phppgadmin, but it's absolutely not the same working from a tool like pgAdmin).

Edited by systemcr