Old username/domain no longer available after suspension, few Qs

jcook

My account was suspended after a month of inactivity. It let me download my backup then told me to sign back up. I used the same email and validated just fine but it said my previous username jcook was unavailable so I used jc

Is there any way to reclaim my old username/domain? I have some jcook.heliohost.org URLs floating on the interwebs so it'd be nice to keep it the same. Totally understandable if it's not possible though.

I also feel like it would be nice to get an email when your account is suspended though. I had no idea my sites were even down! I guess that's the price I pay for being lazy about making updates. ;) I took this opportunity to move from Johnny to Ricky, so that's one good thing! 

It's free hosting though, and you guys are great, so I can't complain. :)

The username isn't available because your forum account already has it. I'd need to rename the forum account, then you need to delete your hosting account and sign up again to change it if you really wanted that back.

As for the domain, it should be available. I don't see it attached to any account and there's no DNS records for it.

I also feel like it would be nice to get an email when your account is suspended though. I had no idea my sites were even down!

You get an email several days before your site goes inactive reminding you to log in, and then another email the moment your site is taken offline. The problem here is that the server you were on, Johnny, crashed entirely but we made a bunch of news posts about it so you would have known if you had seen the news. If you want to get notifications about HelioHost news like this we recommend following us on Twitter https://www.twitter.com/heliohost and liking us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/heliohost.org