[Solved] Suspended: etilkdoo

etilk

Hello my account has been suspended in most critical moment. 

We just sent 40 emails to our clients. I guess that you thought this was spam.

But it was sent only to our best clients. And all of them wants to get this notification.

Can you please reactivate my account as fast al possible.

Let me know if this kind of notifying is illegal here and we will not do that any more.

Best regards

My HelioHost username: etilkdoo

The server my account is on: ricky

My HelioHost main domain: etilk.com

They usually do get sent, but no guarantees.

And yes, you were suspended for sending too many emails. The limit is 50/day. If you want more, that can be done upon request. If you're interested, I would need to know: How many emails you plan to send per day, where you get the email addresses from, how recipients can unsubscribe, and an example of the messages being sent. Please note that we will not approve limit increases for advertising use.

Unsuspended.

Edited by wolstech
Unsuspend finished.

Ok. We will try not to send bulk emails. But we comunicate with our clients over emails a lot - both side comunication. Can you increase it to at least 100/day? That should be enough.

When will I be able to load our website? It is still not working and we cleared the cache and even change browser and computers. Website is still down.

I cannot connect even through cpanel. It still says Account suspended.

Edited by etilk

It got suspended for emails again. I'll let Krydos look at this since something is definitely still sending mail. You're already over your limit, so any email (even mail from your website e.g. a contact form) is going to result in a suspension until the counter resets (in 24 hours) or the limit is raised.

He's the one who would handle the limit increase too.

I unsuspended it again, but it might get resuspended for mail...

It won't even stay unsuspended due to the mail. Krydos needs to look at it.

Edited by wolstech
Nevermind...

Ok! Thank you very much.

You and your team are the best. :)

Can you then increase limit to 200/day - just in case, because we cannot afford that scene again?

Because now I see it can become very complicated in case we go over limit.

And we still owe you some answers:

How many emails you plan to send per day: From 10 to 50. But just before event (we are organizing events and clients are contacting us about special information) it can increase up to 150. 

Where you get the email addresses from: Clients contact us first, so we are just responding. 

How recipients can unsubscribe: They are not actually on any marketing list. So they do not need to unsubscribe.

An example of the messages being sent: Regular response with information they are asking about.

The messages we were sending today were special requests from our customers to get an invite to an exact event. Content of messages was an invite for the event that they asked us to send. 

Because it can be seen as spam we will stop that practice. And again they do not have to unsubscribe because they are not subscribed to any list.

Thank you, 

Best regards

Edited by etilk

I unsuspended you earlier this morning when the mail counter reset (it's a 24 hour period, so it resets 24 hours from the time the first email was sent).

As for the limit increase, Krydos has to do this, and he's been busy outside of this place lately. We're all volunteers, so we don't get paid for anything we do here. As a result, all of us have to deal with something known as a 'life' at times  :P He'll be around when he's free to get the limit increase handled.

Please clear your cache if you still see a suspended page. Just make sure you don't send more than 50 emails/day until Krydos responds approving the increase.

How recipients can unsubscribe: They are not actually on any marketing list. So they do not need to unsubscribe.

Do they have to send an email to a certain address, ie: unsubscribe@whatever.com or is there a link on your website where they can opt out? Do all of your emails that you send contain instructions for opting out? Do you delete their email addresses from your lists entirely if they request it, etc. etc.

An example of the messages being sent: Regular response with information they are asking about.

Please post an actual email with the private information censored if needed.

The reason we ask all of these questions is because -- believe it or not -- there are people out there that don't actually realize they are sending spam and they swear to us they won't, but we need to examine the emails ourselves. We make the final decision on what is or is not spam. If you can't or don't want to answer the questions fully you can simply use another service for your email hosting and continue using our servers for the website alone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Do they have to send an email to a certain address, ie: unsubscribe@whatever.com or is there a link on your website where they can opt out? Do all of your emails that you send contain instructions for opting out? Do you delete their email addresses from your lists entirely if they request it, etc. etc.

I agree this could use clarification, but I think he meant there is no list or unsolicited mail, and that people won't hear from him unless they emailed him first and he's replying to their email (i.e. he's just using the service as for a normal mailbox).

Please post an actual email with the private information censored if needed.

The reason we ask all of these questions is because -- believe it or not -- there are people out there that don't actually realize they are sending spam and they swear to us they won't, but we need to examine the emails ourselves. 

If you're uncomfortable posting this, feel free to PM it to me and I'll post it in the moderator section so it's not public.

As said there is no list so our emails do not contain unsubscribe option.

Clients contact us over form or get our email address from web page where is described how they send request (over email) for deleting their personal data. 

All instructions are described here: https://etilk.com/splosni-pogoji-uporabe/

We never contact them first, but they still can ask us to delete old emails (because of GDPR).

Question from client (Sorry it is in slovenian):

Contact form submission from ETILK (https://etilk.com) Name: Name Email email Subject: Tabor Muskamp Message: Pozdravljeni! Ker poznam nekaj ljudi, ki bi jih vaš tabor utegnil zanimati, me zanima, koliko časa bodo prijave še odprte, tega podatka namreč nisem nikjer zasledila. Hvala in lep pozdrav, Martina Poljanšek IP address: ip IP search: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/ Came from:   Sent from page: https://etilk.com

Answer from us:

Pozdravljena Name,
Prijave se odprejo šele naslednji teden in trajajo dokler se ne zapolnijo vsa mesta.
To takrat pa so odprte predprijave.
Lep pozdrav,
Ekipa Muskamp

From now on we will send only this kind of emails. We will not send promotions and alerts anymore.

Thank you

Edited by etilk