Maximum number of connections in mysql

sachinh

Hello, I am currently using the johhny server. When i check "status" in phpmyadmin, the number of active connections are 68, but when i execute the query "show processlist;", i am getting only 2 connections. Also, when i try to connect to the db from my laptop remotely, I am getting the error saying that maximum number of user connections have been exceeded. I would really appreciate you guys helping me out in solving this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sachin

I'm not sure but I've already encountered with this problem before in Tommy server but somehow the problem has been disappeared I don't know why! As far as I know, the "max_connections" variable (Maximum Number of connections said by PHP) and "max_user_connections" variable both are different things. "max_connections" it is being used by total number of users in Johnny server and "max_user_connections" is used by only by a single user. I can't help in the case but Heliohost Admins will definitely do.

Hey guys, thanks for the prompt reply. I tried to connect again after 6 hours and it worked on its own. Maybe the connections have some time limit before they automatically close themselves? I am a complete newbie. Anyway, thanks again!

you can connect at anytime on 6+ browsers simultaneously

Just to elaborate, some of our sites that we host get thousands of visitors per hour, and they don't get the max_user_connections error. The reason why is they close their mysql connection immediately as soon as they're done using it. If each mysql connection is only open for a few milliseconds the chance of seeing that error is very small. If you use persistent connections and don't close them then you will only be able to have 6 users at a time. This limit is in place to keep one account from hogging all of the mysql connections and causing slow performance or downtime for the other thousands of accounts that share your server.
  • Like 1