GoFundMe Complete

HelioHost

Because Apache cannot run ASP.NET code through real Microsoft .NET. The issue is that ASP.NET code is by design made for IIS and .NET.

Apache behaves differently from IIS in many respects, and only supports Mono (an open source .NET clone that's not fully compatible), which is what we're trying to get away from.

We've been planning on adding node.js on our other servers too. It's going to take considerable effort on our part to write the plugin though. We're not sure exactly what we're going to install on Lily other than asp.net. I've never set up a windows server before. Wolstech has a lot more experience with windows than I do.

I was planning on ASP.NET and (due to demand) PHP. I've been looking into whether RoR can run on there too. It seems like it can, but may take some effort. Everything else will be done through a cPanel account (mail, DNS, etc.) that will be needed alongside the Windows account (Krydos: Does our system support having more than one "plan" [account feature set] in cPanel or would our custom stuff break)?

Even I don't know a ton about IIS (my Window Server knowledge focuses more on enterprise stuff like Active Directory). I've done Windows web servers, but they were WAMP or WIMP stacks. I have never done "WIMA", which is what the goal here is.

Yeah, I use custom plans all the time. I put my account on a test plan where I can test plugins. Basically you can pick and choose which buttons you want to show up in someone's cpanel.

• 2 weeks later...

Lily is likely going to be a second server that works alongside Tommy to provide IIS (Lily will just provide extra features you can access through a Tommy account). You can get Java, but you'll be getting it through Tommy just as you can now. Enabling Java on a Tommy+Lily account will probably break IIS support on your account, but that wouldn't stop you from using other features like a database server offered on Lily.

• 3 weeks later...