GoFundMe Complete

HelioHost

Can I get an account on Lily? If yes, how much disk space I will get on Lily?

If I get an account on Lily, it will be good for me as I've to change the paths from Windows path to Linux of included php scripts every time I upload the scripts to my live server.

I'm developing my website in Windows with HTTPD 2.4, PHP 7.2. So I hope don't need to change lot of codes in my scripts.

The current idea is going to get you a Tommy account in front of it with apache passing requests to IIS since I don't want to do what basically amounts to developing "cpanel for windows". If we go that route, you'll request IIS in cpanel, and it will work sort of like how Tomcat and Java do now. Space will probably be 1 or 2GB.

Php scripts may not run on Lily as I wasn't planning to install php on it, though this may change.

To those asking how long, we're looking at several months before this is available, most of which will be related to getting the hardware installed after its purchase.

Lily should be thought of as an IIS extension to the cPanel servers, not a replacement for the cPanel server. You'll be allowed to have an account on one cPanel server and on Lily. The Lily server will not provide things like mail, Java, Python, etc., so you'll need the cPanel account for that anyway. I don't know whether PHP is possible without conflicting with something else (I know they have it as an option in the IIS platform installer), but either way, you'll have PHP support through your cPanel account.

As of now, my plans for Lily are to offer these initially:

• IIS with ASP.NET support
  • A database server of some kind (not sure which yet, I've seen requests in the past for MariaDB and Mongo).
  • An FTP server.
  • If possible, I might add PHP for convenience.
  • If possible, I might offer Ruby on Rails as well since Johnny's support for it is ancient.

How exactly your content will be accessed is also still undecided. I have to ask Krydos whether it's doable, but my preference would be to have IIS exposed through Apache in a virtual folder. If that's not feasible, IIS content will need to appear as a subdomain since it lives on a different server.

But you can install Apache HTTPD instead of IIS as it is to install as well as it supports PHP very well. And also it's easy to use (restart, start, stop) using Apache Service Monitor.