Unable to add SSL Cert. for addon domains

suror

I've added a SSL certificate to my main domain successfully, but I'm trying to -12 hours of continuous work-

add one for my add-on domains using the same steps but it failed from many CAs..

I created CSR using wildcard and without wildcard and using www. prefix and without and always getting this message:

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hi,

is it a paid certificate? If yes, try reissue the certificate or let an admin install it for you; else, a free CPanel AutoSSL certificate will be installed automatically to all the domains you have.

It is a free Cert. and I dont want an automatic installation I want to install my own.

Thanks for reply.

What steps have you done?

Be sure you have done these steps: SECURITY --> SSL/TLS --> MANAGE SSL SITES (under Install and manage SSL for the website (HTTPS)) --> Scroll down to INSTALL AN SSL WEBSITE. Then select the related website and install the certficate by inserting the certificate, the private key and the cabundle n the right text box.

Edited by maicol07

What steps have you done?

Be sure you have done these steps: SECURITY --> SSL/TLS --> MANAGE SSL SITES (under Install and manage SSL for the website (HTTPS)) --> Scroll down to INSTALL AN SSL WEBSITE. Then select the related website and install the certficate by inserting the certificate, the private key and the cabundle n the right text box.

Of course all steps were correct, and the prove is that I mentioned that the main domain certificate was installed correctly...

a free CPanel AutoSSL certificate will be installed automatically to all the domains you have.

He's on Johnny which doesn't have autossl available. You have to upgrade to Ricky or Tommy for that.

Since you picked Johnny he can be a bit buggy with long delicate tasks such as installing an ssl certificate or creating an addon domain. Usually the best solution is just to try a couple times until it works. I installed a free let's encrypt certificate on my personal Johnny account yesterday and it took like 8 tries before it worked.

• Like 1

a free CPanel AutoSSL certificate will be installed automatically to all the domains you have.

He's on Johnny which doesn't have autossl available. You have to upgrade to Ricky or Tommy for that.

Since you picked Johnny he can be a bit buggy with long delicate tasks such as installing an ssl certificate or creating an addon domain. Usually the best solution is just to try a couple times until it works. I installed a free let's encrypt certificate on my personal Johnny account yesterday and it took like 8 tries before it worked.

I didn't know that...

Firstly, Did you try the installation for add-on domain?!!

Secondly, The error message is absurd!!!

It tolds me that the certificate doesn't support "strmr.tk" but it supports "strmr.tk" !!!!! how this could be?!!

Would you like me to try installing ssl for you?

You're welcome, But also I need to know what is the error is...

Also note that I don't want to install Cloudflare SSL on my add-on.

Edited by suror

But also I need to know what is the error is...

The error is that you picked Johnny as your server. We only just barely support ssl on that server.

Also note that I don't want to install Cloudflare SSL on my add-on.

Nobody wants cloudflare ssl. For some reason their certificates rarely work on any of our servers, and sometimes they even break apache entirely.

The error is that you picked Johnny as your server. We only just barely support ssl on that server.

Do you want to tell me that this error won't  occur on paid hosting?! Because I'm exactly want to hear this  :wacko: 

Nobody wants cloudflare ssl. For some reason their certificates rarely work on any of our servers, and sometimes they even break apache entirely.

This isn't the point, Cloudflare is good to me, but I don't want it and want another CA to understand what error is and to know whether the error may occur on paid hosting or not...

That's the thing, we can't tell you because we don't have any idea either...if we did, we'd have gotten it installed for you. Odds are it's just our server is broken though. Johnny has a ton of issues with involved processes like installing ssl or creating new domains. That's why he recommended trying Ricky, which doesn't have these sorts of issues.

• Like 1