Anti Adblock Didn't Go Away After Donation

cprn

Hi. I'm using an AdBlock-like soft so I donated a bit to help upkeep the servers. Do I need to do something more for the anti-AdBlock message to stop showing up on each heliohost.org reload?

Username:    cprn
Main Domain: lue.heliohost.org
Donation ID: 4PG25960KE5679946 (PayPal)

First, thank you for the donation. A donation gets you an account on Tommy, or if you already have an account, you can request a server move as a thank you gift for your donation.

We currently do not have any logic in place to remove advertising (or adblock nags) from our websites in response to a donation, and implementing such a function would be a challenge considering the way our website is designed.

I'm not sure if it's ever even been requested as a suggestion either, but I could see it being a viable possibility if we offered a recurring donation option in the future. I do know we have (or at least had, not sure on status) some enhancements to the donation system planned, but I do not know whether these enhancements would allow us to implement such an offering.

I personally find the adblock nag annoying myself because I occasionally post from one of my jobs where the ads are blocked by a content filter that's beyond my control.

The suggestion and the donation are much appreciated. :)

It's not currently possible to disable the ads (or the adblock message) on a per visitor basis, but that's a decent idea that a lot of other websites offer. I'll escalate this and leave it unsolved as a reminder to look in to adding this functionality in the future.

Thanks a lot for the donation. We really appreciate it. Especially this month where we are currently poised to lose more than $100. :(

• Like 1