Speed Up Wordpress

maicol07

The best way to speed up wordpress is to delete wordpress.

Jokes aside, try disabling some unneeded plugins and junk. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wordpress-performance-speed/

I benchmarked Tommy's wordpress performance and it's 300ms which is pretty decent.

If that's not good enough for you it might be time to move to paid hosting. We would really appreciate it if you use our affiliate link since we'll get a cut. Check it out: Wordpress Optimized Hosting

The best way to speed up wordpress is to delete wordpress.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

For what it's worth, none of us here are WP fans. I'm amazed it's still as popular as it is, especially considering the number of security holes it has and the amount of malware extensions and backdoor'd themes available for it.

For a while it was the leading cause of spam and malware suspensions here, though it seems to have tapered off lately (I can only recall 1 or 2 in the past six months). Nowadays they seem to prefer just mass-creating accounts and setting up phishing instead.

That app produces static websites (I.e. html files). There is no control panel or anything. The upside is that the site produced is fast and effectively hack proof. Downside is you have to edit manually, write your own code if you want to do anything outside what the app offers to build, etc.

Not really a good solution for most, but almost better than the bloated malware-fest that is WP. I personally built my own crude CMS since I didn’t like what was on offer, but that’s overkill for most. We have lots of users with joomla, they seem to be quite happy, and though it can face the same issues as WP if misconfigured or left unupdated, malware is less prevalent with that system it seems.

@wolstech Not really, users don't need to learn any language to get started.

Having workable Html/CSS/js skills help, of course (if you wish to have a custom theme)

And Hugo is extremely flexible, I doubt that even a poweruser will ever need to touch the building code.

Some people may wanna try Jekyll since GitHub is pushing it.

it cant do dynamic content (at least without custom code) but for everything else, it seems like a good alternative. :)

I mean yeah, but you can always use software like disqus for comments and other third party software to add more functionality.