[Solved] Tommy Down

dl5ark1

We should wait for Krydos to fix it. It's probably going to be something simple, such as corruption from that power outage Monday night (lightning strike caused our Monday night outage), or abuse of some form that caused him to freeze or crash.

If the hardware had died, this forum would be down too. It lives on the same physical server.

Why is this topic closed.? I found my website is not up, so this is true at this very moment. But I have full confidence that you guys will get this fix very soon. :rolleyes:

Edited by fuzmic

Sorry Admin, i read the left arrow next to topic "moved" as closed; my miss reading. :o

By the way, who is KryDos?

I just got UpTimeRobot to alert me of server up / down.

Sorry i just remember my encounter with KryDos - RootAdin on chat & on topic issue at the very start of using this org site. I am sure we are in very safe hands of KryDos.

Edited by fuzmic

As I see, the Tommy very often falls recently. Can I create a mirror site and base on another server? is it allowed by the rules?

Seeing this the first major Tommy outage I can remember, I'd just wait to have it fixed. By the time you could have a Ricky account running, Tommy will likely be fixed.

Sorry Admin, i read the left arrow next to topic "moved" as closed; my miss reading. :o

By the way, who is KryDos?

Krydos is the root admin who maintains the servers.

We have good supporting roots at this organisation, i felt it on the first day of encounter with KryDos. In fact all the interface with the org, the respond time & "no beating around the bush" exchanges is far superior to many paying host.

Only a little down side, sometimes there is waiting, is this due to availability of ports or tracert issue from Malaysia or Australia. Tracerting to the server is quite good from Australia, no failures. (See attached)

According to my updownRobot monitor, which was hours after the outrage was noted, is about 4 hours from the time i noted the issue. I am still happy with the turn out of things because i am learning heaps from the clear response in this topic & my response to it.

Keep up the good work. Peace2U.

post-123505-0-33676900-1505357903_thumb.jpg

Edited by fuzmic