[Solved] Ricky Mysql

wolstech

Krydos,

When you get a chance can you look at the performance of Ricky's MySQL? There's an email user asking about it being really slow...I thought it had to do with the 6000 connections from yesterday, but she says it's still slow: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/28421-hh-13010-slow-database/

I was sort of able to replicate the issue (a 6MB test import took me 3-4 minutes...I've done these in <1 before...). Load was 6.30 at the time, so doesn't appear to be that.

Could you put your 6M test .sql file in your home directory on Ricky so I can use it to test mysql?

Here is a benchmark on Ricky simulating 50 users connecting simultaneously and doing some inserts/selects/etc

Benchmark
        Average number of seconds to run all queries: 0.271 seconds
        Minimum number of seconds to run all queries: 0.182 seconds
        Maximum number of seconds to run all queries: 0.375 seconds
        Number of clients running queries: 50
Here is the identical benchmark with the same queries/data on Tommy

Benchmark
        Average number of seconds to run all queries: 0.150 seconds
        Minimum number of seconds to run all queries: 0.073 seconds
        Maximum number of seconds to run all queries: 0.291 seconds
        Number of clients running queries: 50
Obviously, Tommy is better, but I don't think Ricky is performing too badly...

I imported using PMA as well as workbench earlier...I wonder if it was a network issue honestly (the internet here is slow on occasion). The file from earlier is software.sql in the home folder (it's only a few queries, but a large amount of data).

I've also uploaded rpc_ueip_aggregates.sql, which has 17000+ rows, but is much smaller, if you want to try it (I did not test this one myself).