[Solved] Suspended: Cfphq

cfbfan

Given it's bowl season, I have a lot of work to do on the site, so hope my account is restored very soon.

If I understand the issue correctly, a symbolic link was created in /root by an ordinary user account.

This should not be possible on any correctly configured *nix system.

The permissions on the super user's home directory may have been altered and/or such a link was actually created by someone with superuser privileges

Johnny continues to have problems, as I have seen today on the monitoring page.

It's very possible that the superuser account has been compromised.

The problem is certainly worth investigating, but my account is not the cause of this particular issue or the continuing outages on Johnny,

Johnny's poor performance/downtime is completely normal due to us offering more features than any other server and not restricting resource usage as much as on Tommy. In addition, Johnny's hardware (Charlie) is also much older and has significantly lower specifications than Tommy. Johnny has always had terrible performance in the 6 years I've been here, so that's nothing new.

Johnny is also intended as an experimental server, though in recent times he's been used by many for production sites despite performance issues due to a lack of other working servers.

I don't know what actually causes this specific suspension though, so we'll have to wait for krydos.