[Solved] Unable To Login To New Account - Johnny

wotsup

Good morning

I created a new account yesterday bu I'm unable to login.

I keep getting Gateway Timeout or, when it's not a timeout, na "Invalid Login" message.

Reseting the password gets na "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" message on the www.helioshost.org/reset/done page and still cannot login.

I don't know what to do anymore. Please advise me.

Thanks

You have to be invited to Tommy, but yes. You can get an invite by donating $1 or more (any amount is appreciated, if we end up needing to buy new disks even more so). Krydos will send an invite to your Paypal email address.

Alternatively, we randomly send them out sometimes, odds of winning a free one are 1 in ~20,000.

OK. Krydos will send you an invite when he sees your donation :) Watch your Paypal email address for the invite. (If for some reason you haven't gotten it by tomorrow, post your Paypal Transaction ID and I'll escalate for you to get the invite sent).

You'll like Tommy...crazy fast, tons of features, 5 versions of PHP to pick from, and built-in CloudFlare support. And oh yeah, domains set themselves up nearly instantly, no waiting for queued pages to go away. I moved there when Stevie died, no regrets and probably should've moved sooner.

One question: Is your Paypal email address already used by your Johnny account? If so, Krydos needs to delete your Johnny account or change the email address so the invite works.

Escalating so the Tommy invite can be sent and your email address/domain/username can be removed from Johnny.

Your forum account will also need to be renamed since it's the same as your Johnny account username. Is there a specific name you want, or should we just add a 1 to the end of it (wotsup1)?

Thanks.

Can't all references to my account (Tommy and Forum) be "wotsup"? Do I need to change the fórum account too?

WOTsUP has a perfect meaning to me that's why I'd like to keep it.

Sorry, maybe this is what you were saing but we could rename this account to wotsup1 and a new forum account would be created associated with the new Tommy account. Is this it?

Is there something that points to hard disk problems on Johnny?

I just find it hard to believe that a hard disk can crash and repair itself seemingly daily ...

The disk just stops responding and disappears entirely from the OS and hypervisor (Johnny is actually a VM on Charlie, which is running ESXi). Rebooting the server sometimes wakes it up, other times it needs to be fully powered off and on again (in which case we have to wait for a technician to do that for us since we're on the other side of the country from the server) in order for the server to see the disk again.

The short periods of downtime seen in the past few days were not crashes, but excessive load just bogging him down to the point where he stopped responding to requests. Only the 12 hour downtime from last night was a disk issue.

The username wotsup, and the domain wotsup.heliohost.org is now available to create your Tommy account. When you create your Tommy account a forum account named wotsup will automatically be created for you. You can either use that, or we can delete the new forum account, and rename this forum account. Your choice.

EDIT:

Typo on the domain name.