[Solved] Need A Refresher On Setting Up New Homepage...

skullys

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any luck with firewall block? I still have to use vpn to access everything

Do you have dynamic or static IP? If you have dynamic IP, just restart router and your IP address should be changed. If you have static IP address, then you will need to wait until @Krydos sees what's wrong and use VPN.

Actually there must be some files related. When I rename Skully folder, I get server error and the wp site doesn't come up. Could it be related to the original softaculous wp set up?

Figured it out... I had renamed index file , had to change it back to index and works as it should without Skully folder.

Still have to use VPN for access.

I can log in to heliohost.org and my account but I cannot connect when trying to login to cpanel either from my account link or directly by using skullythepirate.com/cpanel

NO error message but says waiting for skullythepirate.com and then times out after a couple of minutes.

Also, I haven't been able to receive mail from my heliohost email accounts either.

Using firefox and after time out get the following:

The connection to stevie.heliohost.org:2083 was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Does Not Connect.

loading says....waiting for stevie.heliohost.org then times out like previous attempts.

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Actually, just discovered suddenlink residential customers have dynamic ip only their commercial customers have static.

I'm going to reset router and see if that does the trick.

Oh well nice try. It seems my ip is static after all. I turned off router for 2 min. and restarted then turned router off for 5 min but each time it came back up with the same ip

Someone found the problem?

Got up this morning and everything came up without VPN.

Mail came through and no issues.

RE: try another browser....

I had tried chrome instead of firefox on an entirely different computer (same ip) and still couldn't get access or load site.

Today things are back to normal.

Thanks for the assist!