[Solved] My Site Is Suspended: Bennyv

bennyv

Hi,

My account was suspended sometime back. The reason given to me was it was causing high server load. As per my request, it was reactivated. But within a few days, it was suspended again. Can you please reactivate? Also, can you please give some tips to reduce the load?

a. your HelioHost username : bennyv

b. the server your account is on : Stevie

c. your HelioHost main domain : koratharackal.heliohost.org

Thanks,

Benny

It's high load again. High load is usually caused by your software using too many resources. If you haven't changed anything recently, it's possible that the site is being abused by bots, or that you just ended up with a lot of traffic all of a sudden. You might want to take your site down until it can be fixed (an .htaccess with a Deny from All in the root will do) since you've been suspended twice already.

If you wish, I can have Krydos check which file is responsible for the load so you can fix it.

Finally, we don't generally unsuspend users a third time. Do you want me to leave this unsuspended you so you can fix this, or would you rather me escalate this so Krydos can give you some more information before we unsuspend it?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot wolstech.

I'll try to stop any additional services. If it doesn't work, I may need your or Krydos's help.

I have removed some installations like BellaBook and Piwik. I only have "phpMyAdmin" now, which is required I understand.

Can you please check the load now ?

Hi,

I have done some cleanup. It should not cause high load now I think. Can you please check ?

To be on the safer side, can you please escalate to Krydos to check ?

Thanks,

Benny Varghese

Sure.

Also, we provide PhpMyAdmin in cPanel. You shouldn't need to have it installed on your account unless you wanted something the normal one doesn't have (or maybe you wanted a newer version).

• Like 1

Thanks wolstech. I was thinking the same. I can see phpMyAdmin under Softaculous Installations. So shall I uninstall it? Since it is there in control panel, I should be able to use it after that too; right?

post-93175-0-77493700-1462891390_thumb.jpg

Yes you can uninstall it. The one you have access to through cPanel won't be affected by its removal. It's listed in Softaculous as an available program because Softaculous is used on thousands of servers and some people will want/need to install it themselves.

• Like 1

It looks like most of your load was coming from

/GuestBook/index.php

which appears to already be deleted. My guess is that bots found the guestbook and were making tons of spam posts. Let us know if you need further assistance.

• Like 1

Thanks wolstech; I have removed the additional phpMyAdmin installation.

Thanks Krydos for guiding me. You are right. Somebody somehow got access to the guestbook and were using as theirs.I have removed it.

Hopefully it's all good now.