[Solved] Unable To Access Mysql Databases From Web

phantom666

Username: demon666

Domain: phantomtest.heliohost.org

Server: johnny

Hi,

I've just logged into my account following the recent upgrade, and I am no longer able to connect to any of my existing MySQL databases via the web.

The affected databases are:

demon666_demo2

demon666_myDB

demon666_myasset

demon666_northwind

demon666_sakila

demon666_sakila2

demon666_testdb

demon666_wishlist

demon666_wpdb

demon666_wpdb2

Please can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

D

Are you able to see your databases and the data through phpmyadmin?

I did some further testing and it seems like host '127.0.0.1' is working, but host 'localhost' is not. Try changing to 127.0.0.1 and let us know if it works.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Further to your last post, I can confirm that I am able to access my databases via phpmyadmin.

The change you recommended (replacing "localhost" with "127.0.0.1") does appear to work.

Quick question: does this mean that from now on the use of "localhost" in all php scripts should be replaced with "127.0.0.1", or is this just a temporary solution?

Thanks in advance.

D

127.0.0.1 will always work so it's a safe way to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I'm unsure why localhost isn't working. It's properly configured in the hosts file and the operating system itself resolves localhost to 127.0.0.1 properly. For some reason MySQL doesn't know what to do with localhost anymore. The crash must have conked Johnny on the head just right and he has a mild concussion.

• Like 1