[Solved] Fairtrek Website Down

Fair trek

Username: fairtrek

Database: Stevie

Domain: http://fairtrek.heliohost.org

Hi,

I cannot access my site, either admin or the page itself. It is showing a 500 Server Internal message. In cPanel and on the back up it comes up with:

Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.6......mysqldump version: 5.6...Saving mysql privs...Done ...Done Storing mysql dbs...fairtrek_ft.........

/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'fairtrek_ft' when selecting the database

(781 bytes)

I haven't touched anything...

Please, is it possible fix this?

Thanks,

G

The database fairtrek_ft should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

HI,

Thanks for this. I can now see the database and when i 'Check' it it all appears fine. However i still can't access the web page nor the admin.

I have created a new user with full permissions and phpmyadmin works but still no result. Please advise...

Thanks,

Graham

It is showing the database size as 0.0Mb in cPanel>MySQL Databases...

I see:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.

That can be caused by three things:

• You forgot to change the config file for your software to match the new database user information or the username or password you entered in the file is incorrect. The host name should be localhost.
  • You forgot to assign the user to your database, or assigned it to the wrong database.
  • Stevie MySQL is down (it's not)

PHPMyAdmin does not use the database user, so it doesn't test that. The fact you can see it there though tells me the database is fine. The permissions on the user are not the issue, you would get a different error message if they were (usually in the form "SELECT command denied for user X@localhost for database Y")

The 0MB in cPanel is normal and can be ignored. All of mine show 0MB too, but have tons of data in them and work fine.