[Solved] Problem Exporting Site Backup To Ftp

ashrafjp

Please check this report to locate the problem, as generated archive doesn`t exist in its location, that was specified before backup start (a remote FTP location, with path specified).

Thank you.

Full Backup Completed

cpanel@cairojpdept.heliohost.org [cpanel@cairojpdept.heliohost.org]

‏‏تم الإرسال: 22 يناير, 2016 06:56 م

إلى: Ashraf Abd-elkader

‏‏المرفقات:

--------------------------------------------------------

pkgacct started.

pkgacct version 10 - user : ashrafjp - tarball: 1 - target mysql : default - split: 0 - incremental: 0 - homedir: 1 - archive version: 3 - running with uid 0

pkgacct using '/usr/bin/gzip -6' to compress archives

pkgacct working dir : /home/22846.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.cLTY6jMrKvK506uJ.tmp/backup-1.22.2016_08-46-43_ashrafjp

Copying Reseller Config...Done

Copying Suspension Info (if needed)...Done

Copying SSL certificates, CSRs, and keys...Done

Copying Domain Keys....Done

Copying Counter Data....Copying Bandwidth Data....Waiting for load to go down to continue

Done

Copying Dns Zones....Connection Timed Out

Connection Timed Out

...cairojpdept.heliohost.org...Done

Copying Mail files....Done

Copying proftpd file....Done

Copying www logs.......log file sizes [958201 byte(s)]......cairojpdept.heliohost.org......cairojpdept.heliohost.org-bytes_log...Done

Copy userdata...Done

Copy custom virtualhost templates...Done

Grabbing PostgreSQL databases...Done

Grabbing PostgreSQL privileges...Done

Leaving timeout safety mode

Copying mailman lists and archives....

Done

Copying homedir.............

Done

Calculating nobody files............

Done

Entering timeout safety mode

Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.6......mysqldump version: 5.6...Saving mysql privs...Done

...Done

Skipping Logaholic Backup. Logaholic is globally disabled on this system.

Storing mysql dbs............

ashrafjp_lime91(40690 bytes) ashrafjp_wikk206(96459 bytes) ashrafjp_help642(22853 bytes) ashrafjp_luxc537(13144 bytes) ashrafjp_advp734.........

(50552 bytes) ashrafjp_ojs361.........

(1196937 bytes) ashrafjp_webinsta.........

(1318 bytes) ashrafjp_live355.........

(68654 bytes) ashrafjp_live445(1316 bytes) ...Done

Copying cpuser file.......Done

Copying crontab file.......Done

Copying quota info.......Done

Storing Subdomains....

Done

Storing Parked Domains....

Done

Storing Addon Domains....

Done

Storing SSL domain......Done

Copying password.......Done

Copying shell.......Done

Creating Archive ....................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

Done

pkgacctfile is: /home/22846.BIN_ADMIN_CPANEL_BACKUP_PL__.cLTY6jMrKvK506uJ.tmp/backup-1.22.2016_08-46-43_ashrafjp.tar.gz

md5sum is: e22a3c3ac8a7a5a09dbcb814b5b8ac5b

size is: 84518696

homesize is: 486612992

pkgacctfile is: /home/ashrafjp/backup-1.22.2016_08-46-43_ashrafjp.tar.gz

--------------------------------------------------------

Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpput line 18.

Can you see if this exists? /home/ashrafjp/backup-1.22.2016_08-46-43_ashrafjp.tar.gz If so, download it and manually transfer it.

As for the FTP failure, the last line suggests a software issue:

Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpput line 18.

That's not good. This feature is likely just never used, so nobody has run into this before that I'm aware of. Perhaps Krydos knows more about this.

Escalating...

Thanks for your reply..

When I press backup buttom, I can export backup file only to Local/FTP/SCP.. I don`t get an ready-to- download export file, and I can`t use "local" option either as I don`t have much free space.

As for your question, mentioned path/file does not exist, but there`s a new file in mentioned path "cpbackup-exclude.conf", that is empty, contains no lines if opened with NotePad++ or in browser.

Note: I have only about 4 PHP scripts installed, 1 perl script under 2 MB, and under 2MB website files, softaculous backup files (less than 10MB), no uploaded files or other staff, and this resulted in 94% occupation of disk space (500MB).. so, I expect most people using this feature.. it`s strange no one used it... they either didn`t backup their sites or didn`t report this. (I must say that two scripts are too large in size, but I don`t expect other people having enough free space with 500MB unless they use very simple sites (just HTML files).

I can`t use "local" option either as I don`t have much free space. ... Note: I have only about 4 PHP scripts installed, 1 perl script under 2 MB, and under 2MB website files, softaculous backup files (less than 10MB), no uploaded files or other staff, and this resulted in 94% occupation of disk space (500MB).. ... I don`t expect other people having enough free space with 500MB unless they use very simple sites (just HTML files).

root@johnny [/home/ashrafjp/public_html]# du -h --max-depth=1
284K    ./cgi-bin
172M    ./ojs
84K     ./scgi-bin
2.9M    ./luxcal
192M    ./limesurvey
1.8M    ./advpoll
8.0M    ./maillist
16M     ./helpdeskz-ticket-faq
324K    ./cupertino
668K    ./images
51M     ./livehelper-chat-faq
24K     ./new_items
8.8M    ./wikkawiki
454M    .

Looks like you've uploaded a few massive folders there for having "no uploaded files or other staff".

Anyways, the backup script should be able to exceed the 500mb limit to create the backup, download it with FTP, and then delete it. Do you really need to do whatever complicated FTP thing you're trying to do?

• Like 1

When I get some time I'm going to test out this send-backup-via-ftp option. I already tested it on Stevie and it worked perfectly. Johnny is being a little slow though. I'll leave this thread unsolved in the meantime.

• Like 1

Krydos, thanks for your reply.

OJS and LImeSurvey are softaculous scripts.. too large in size.. I`ll uninstall LimeSurvey and look for another light-weight alternative. As for OJS, this is essential here (academic journal script).

Good news backup files override disk space limitation, I`ll try it, but, as for report above ( and as for wolstech #2) it seems that CPanel automatically created a file backup file in local server after FTP failure here: "/home/ashrafjp/backup-1.22.2016_08-46-43_ashrafjp.tar.gz", a path/file that does not exist.. So, I think it would be better checking local backup process as well (on Johnny)

Thanks again

Ashraf

Emm, just a question...

I do this backup as I`ll un-install a larger script and replace it with a light weight one..but, as for described in CPanel, the main purpose of this feature is to move account to another server.. well, I see a line in the script saying "Copying Suspension Info (if needed)...Done"... What should this do with the new host?If a site is terminated here this shall result in terminating it at the hoster as well... I recommend disabling export of suspension data.. but, if for some reason, this is impossible, it`ll be nice to describe in FAQ how to remove this data from backup file.

Another question, if I understand right, used backup files can`t be re-imported to same (this) server... can you confirm this?

Thanks again

Ashraf

Ok, I tested full backup to FTP on both servers and it worked on both with backup files of over 400mb. I suspect the error message you got was from incorrect FTP server credentials. Either that or it was just an intermittent error that I cannot reproduce.

Another question, if I understand right, used backup files can`t be re-imported to same (this) server... can you confirm this?

You can import them back in, but you have to extract them on your home pc, and import them piece by piece. What cPanel is warning you is you can't just upload the full backup, and have it all automatically import.

• Like 1