[Solved] Mysql Reset?

Hmaal

I think I kinda locked myself out of mysql. I can log in using phpMyAdmin under any of the names that I created for the databases in the cPanel, but I think I did something wrong yesterday when I was trying to access the database incorrectly and exceeded my attempts. I attempted to change the max number of attempts allowed and I don't exactly remember what all I did, but I think I tried to change some permissions or something along those lines and ended up changing the permissions of the root account and now none of the accounts have any permissions. I was wondering if you guys could reset my mysql database, and if possible, do so without removing my tables, or reset the permissions back to default. Thanks.

username: hmaal

domain: maalstudios.heliohost.org

server: johnny

Just a comment on the PMA update...I actually recommend against it for performance reasons. The new one is very heavy on Ajax and a slow connection or load time (e.g. caused by High Load issues) very easily makes it hang up, where as the older non-Ajax versions just take longer to post changes. I used 4.x on another server and hate it for this reason alone.

Other issues include gripes like its refusal to let you do things old ones can, like edit indexless / keyless tables (bad form on the db designers part, but a lot of software does use such tables for things like configuration).

• 2 weeks later...