Stevie Dns Broken

wolstech

This issue has re-surfaced: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/19188-cant-login-cpanel/ ...and appears to be more severe.

stevie.heliohost.org is pointing to 65.19.143.2 instead of it's normal IP, and the cPanel login at stevie.heliohost.org:2082 doesn't seem to accept any username or password (my Stevie and Johnny accounts were rejected).

Also, DNS seems to be broken. For instance, the domain raxsoft.tk won't resolve at all, but its subdomains are hit or miss. si3.raxsoft.tk works, as does raxdev.raxsoft.tk. Minecraft.raxsoft.tk does not, nor does vpn.extranet.raxsoft.tk (both of which should resolve to a non-HH IP address)

Not working for me. I'm getting Johnny's login page, and it now does seem to accept a johnny login. I can get into Stevie via raxsoft.tk:2082 though, and everything appears normal in the cpanel. Zone file looks good in the editor, domains are still showing up, etc. Also, i just flushed my DNS cache, and now even my subdomains that were working are broken.

My monitoring service is emailing me hourly about raxsoft.tk not resolving, and people are emailing me left and right saying that various things are down. An NSLOOKUP for my minecraft server's subdomain gives:

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup

Default Server:

Address: 192.168.2.1

> minecraft.raxsoft.tk

Server:

Address: 192.168.2.1

*** can't find minecraft.raxsoft.tk: Non-existent domain

>

Nothing changed on my end. The first emails started coming around 10am this morning.

That's what i found odd as well. It's possible that they stole my domain on me. If i go to their site, it says its registered already when i try to add it but it disappeared from my domain list.

If they did in fact do that, im looking at a VERY large problem, as that domain is used by hundreds of PCs with software I wrote on it, and there's no way to change the domain remotely because the updater also used that domain as its source for updates. Many of those PCs I no longer have access to physically to update it.

It doesn't help that i won't have a PC for 8 days starting tomorrow (vacation) and will be stuck on my iPad.

The Stevie issue appears fixed, but it now appears that .tk is broken...my domain seems to have completely disappeared from .tk's system, but is still registered in that i can't register it again. Whois is blank...

When I get home from vacation I'm gonna have to buy a domain...

Temporary, you can tell someone to add this to their hosts file so that everything works fine:

Worked for me, I was able to see your website.

216.218.192.170 www.raxsoft.tk

Then you can apply updates via raxsoft.tk and then change the domain.

I have no way of implementing that since I only have remote management through the tool we're trying to fix (I provide a service to my PC repair customers through this tool among other things). These PCs are often hundreds or in some cases thousands of miles away. I can't instruct the users since most would not be capable of making that change without screwing up.