[Solved] Suspended: Timotej

timotejroiko

Your account was infested with malware, causing massive load on the server, causing slow response time for all the other websites, causing downtime for the other websites, sending thousands of spam mails per hour, and we received multiple threats from our internet provider that the entire server and all of the tens of thousands of other legitimate websites hosted on it would be null routed right off the face of the internet if your account wasn't stopped. Any one of those listed infractions could easily result in a permanent suspension on its own, and you managed to be doing them all at once. Congratulations.

wow... are you serious??

i cant imagine how the **** could that even happen. Im 100% sure my computer is clean, and the last time i logged in there was absolutely nothing unusual there...

I never even configured / activated an email account in the cpanel...

there has to be a mistake here or i was really badly hacked...

anyhow, thank you for your time. If there is nothing that can be done now, i will take my leave and rebuild everything from scratch somewhere i guess (yes, i have no backups. i trusted too much)...

Im very sorry for the problems i have caused. even though i am also a victim here, you have all the rights.

PS: i just received an email right now about the suspension being from inactivity... ?????

PS: i just received an email right now about the suspension being from inactivity... ?????

You're now both inactive and suspended...it is kinda strange that it bothered to mark you inactive, but nonetheless.

As for what happened, it sounds like what you said: you probably got hacked and turned into a zombie for spam/malware distribution. It happens to the best of us, although not usually to the extent that it happened here.

If you used something like WordPress, odds are that was how you got attacked. CMSes and other widely used applications like forum software are prime targets for hackers, as are the extensions and themes for them. Updating whenever new versions come out is essential. Avoid themes and extensions from non-reputable sources.

Also, you don't have backups, but if you did, I wouldn't recommend them anyway, since backups would contain whatever vulnerability was used to hack you. If you happen to create a new account in the future, just be sure this never happens again.