[Solved] Outbound Port For Fsockopen...

wolstech

I have a script that uses fsockopen()...it can't connect when it is run from Heliohost. The script in question will be providing a web-based status monitor for a game server that's hosted elsewhere. All it needs to do is connect to the destination to see if its still alive.

A test script can be found at http://raxsoft.tk/temp/fsock.php It just checks and report a success or failure. Right now, it just sits there until PHP times out trying to connect. It works fine if I run it on my PC, but that defeats its purpose.

The destination server that the script is supposed to connect to is minecraft.raxsoft.tk on port 51990. Is this port open outbound? If so, any idea why this doesn't work? If not, is there another way to either have it opened or to make this work (changing the port is not an option)? I'm user rax on Stevie.

changing the port is not an option
Why not?

For a bunch of reasons, the biggest being players...I've had people playing on 51990 (and its sister 51991) for a while now, and telling people to reconfigure their game when you don't even have contact info for most of them is challenging/impossible. More than likely they'd just go find a different server.

Also, my ISP blocks all the common ports, so I can't host the server on ports like 21, 25, 80, 443, or 8080 that are likely to be open outbound here anyway. Speaking of which...is there a list of outbound ports that do work here so I know where to put future servers if I need to be able to see them from Stevie?