Problem With Struts

softlab

I have no references to localhost nor to 127.0.0.1 in the application; actually the war file contains only two jsp files and no java classes; the first jsp (index.jsp) forwards to the other (jsp/main.jsp) and that's all. I can't see the problem nor I can explain to myself why you see that redirect address. Any ideas? Thank you.

I got only one answer, from one who doesn't know much about Java programming. Is there anybody a little more skilled who can tell me why a simple struts JSP page with a forward to another simple struts JSP page doesn't work? Thank you

As far as I know you're only the second person to try struts on Heliohost. The only other reference I could find is here http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/12707-jspjavastruts-problems/ and it looks like he wasn't even able to get his application deployed, so you're already further than he ever made it.

If I recall correctly, you had this same problem or a similar problem with your other java application where it wasn't switching between pages correctly and then you did something to fix it and a later version worked for you. Were you using struts then? What did you do to make it work?

If might help you to understand that Heliohost is different from other webhosting companies. We're free and powered by volunteers and the Heliohost community. If no one in the community has ever done what you're trying to do then you are pioneering new knowledge for us, which is great. However, if you don't share your knowledge on these forums or post a guide on how to do something on our wiki http://wiki.helionet.org/ then no one ever learns from what you've already accomplished.

I've never personally used struts, and you've accomplished more than the last documented case of attempting to use struts. Perhaps someone else out there got it to work correctly, but they never told us about it by posting what they did to get it to work.

So let's work together on this and maybe we can make some progress. Why do you think that it's not working? It seems to me like the application starts and then appends "main.do;jsessionid=E55EE10FF2ED9BDF7FFB52B1BE3D9E44" and ends up on the wrong url. Is it possible to have it not append that? Is it possible to hard code infopar.heliohost.org/catechesi/ as the base URL because it seems to be forwarding to a random url?

Hi and thank you for responding. For answering your last question, I can't figure out why it does not work; perhaps it could be useful to see the log of tomcat when one tries to load the page; if it is possible, can you post it (or an extract of it) as a reply? Thank you

As I said in the last reply, I have no elements for understanding why my application does not work: all I see is a page telling me that the page I requested cannot be shown, but without any explanation of the problem.

Perhaps it could be useful a log of the application server; so I asked you if I could have an extract of the log after a try to load the page, but I got no reply.

Because my application works on my local server, I have no elements to undestand where is the problem.

I'm waiting for some news from you. Thank you

Good, I appreciate very much your effort. As I can see, now there is no explicit reference to the context, but with the address http://infopar.heliohost.org/ I go directly to the 'catechesi' application.

Now it seems to load the right page: it is a page with some <div> tags which should make it appear as divided in four parts: header all width long with background image, left column, right column and footer all width long.

If you look at the source of the page that now is loaded, it seems like as it does not find the css file located in the css folder, same level as the one of the jsp page (jsp folder), but that file is in the war file I uploaded.

Which could be the problem?

Thank you for helping me.