[Solved] Request For Second Account: Wolstech

wolstech

Account: rax (on Stevie)

Domains: rax.heliohost.org & raxsoft.tk

I'm wondering if the following is possible:

I have a subdomain (swokaikran.skxawng.lu) that I want to point to HH. I only have the rights to that single subdomain. I do NOT own the root domain skxawng.lu, nor do I have rights to any other subdomains. I have no access to change DNS.

The owner has added a CNAME for me that points swokaikran.skxawng.lu to raxdev.raxsoft.tk, a subdomain hosted here on HH. I expected this to simply show the contents of raxdev.raxsoft.tk, but instead it shows as Queued, and cPanel won't allow me to park it since I can't change the NS.

The goal is to get swokaikran.skxawng.lu to show the same contents as raxdev.raxsoft.tk (should be a directory listing).

Can this be manually added to the system so the queued page goes away?

Add a local cname in your cpanel for the remote subdomain pointing to your subdomain here. Probably also need to wait 24 hours.

cP doesn't let me :-\ If I go to the DNS Zone Editor, it won't let me create a CNAME for it. If I try to put swokaikran.skxawng.lu as the "Name", it appends ".raxsoft.tk" to the end, which I don't think I want.

Or am I in fact supposed to add "swokaikran.skxawng.lu.raxsoft.tk" as a CNAME to raxdev.raxsoft.tk to fix this?

The remote domain's owner CNAME'd swokaikran.skxawng.lu on his end to point to the raxdev.raxsoft.tk subdomain here. Doing this is what got me the queued page, so that end is working.

The queued page is shown when apache doesn't know which account the requested domain belongs to. It looks like you have your A record set correctly for the subdomain, but you still need to add the domain to your account. The only way to add a domain that you cannot change the nameservers for is by using this tool http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain to change your account's main domain. Once you change your main domain and wait 24 hours apache should know which account the requested domain belongs to and instead of showing the queued page it will show the contents of your public_html directory on your account. Let us know if you have any further problems adding this domain to your account.

I can't change the main domain on my current account since it is in use (it was the first thing I considered doing when cP didn't allow me to add the domain). rax.heliohost.org is linked on a lot of other websites, so doing away with it for a (likely) temporary website isn't feasible.

Is it possible to either:

* Get permission for a Johnny account alongside my Stevie one, and use this domain as the main domain on that (it'd probably be better anyway, the site is going to be an image generator program for sigbars for two forums, and while I'm not sure, it may cause a bit more load than Stevie will tolerate if it gets a lot of traffic).

* Have an admin force-add the domain as an addon.

If neither is possible, I can look into hosting the subdomain elsewhere.