[Solved] Addon Domain "partially Added"

wolstech

I tried adding a new addon domain to my existing account today, and it seems to have failed. I went into Addon Domains and tried adding it as normal...after I hit the Add button, cPanel just sat there with the page half-loaded for several minutes, then it timed out.

The domain now appears to be in some "partially added" state. It does not show up in my addon domains list, so I can't remove it. If I try to add the domain again, it says it is owned by another user.

However, the root folder for the new domain appears to have been created in my home folder (/win8survey), and I can see a subdomain for it under subdomains (win8survey.rax.heliohost.org).

As for the cause of this issue: Something is wrong with .TK's system: the DNS for the domain appears to have never propagated and the listed nameservers on whois are inaccurate despite my repeated attempts to change them.

Can an admin please remove the half-added domain from my account?

My account is rax on Stevie. The affected domain is win8survey.tk.

I couldn't find any traces of a partially added domain so I tried adding the addon domain for you so I could see the error message for myself. This is how cPanel responded:

The addon domain “win8survey.tk” has been created.

No problem. When you tried the second and third time did you first delete the subdomain or try to create the addon domain using a different subdomain?

I didn't do anything the second time, Just tried adding again with the same settings. I wasnt aware of the sub at the time, nor did i know it created the folder in my home dir.

Third time I deleted the sub and tried again.

The second try was about 5 minutes after the first, the third was an hour or so later.

The directory doesn't matter. You can even create the directory yourself or whatever before you create the addon domain, but the subdomain will cause an error if you try to create an addon domain when the subdomain that it is using already exists.

The directory doesn't matter. You can even create the directory yourself or whatever before you create the addon domain, but the subdomain will cause an error if you try to create an addon domain when the subdomain that it is using already exists.

Good to know. Won't worry about the directory then...

As for the sub, if I have trouble adding one in the future, I'll check for/trash the subdomain and wait a while before I try again. :)