[Solved] suspended account renewal

Hi folks,

I had some trouble renewing a suspended account, your help would be appreciated:

Username: "octagone"

Domain: "www.clscientific.com"

Server: stevie

Scenario: 2 (cannot log into cPanel, cannot reset passwd, site appears "suspended" but is not in the "inactive" queue)

I'm also worried about the notification system. The only email I received was "your account has been suspended, will be deleted in 1 week". By the time I saw it, my site had been down for a few hours. Does the system send out any warnings -- 24-48 hours before taking the site offline, perhaps? I hope it does, and it simply malfunctioned in my case. If there isn't such a warning, please consider adding one; it would be super helpful to minimize or eliminate unnecessary downtime.

Many thanks!

(I tried to reply to the "suspended" topic, but it was locked. Hope this is an appropriate post)

Try now. Your site is loading fine for me. If it still isn't, clear your cache. Also, can you log into your cPanel now? If not, let me know and I will reset your password.

(I tried to reply to the "suspended" topic, but it was locked. Hope this is an appropriate post)

Yes, you posted in the right place. I locked that topic because this subforum is replacing that topic. ;)

I'm also worried about the notification system. The only email I received was "your account has been suspended, will be deleted in 1 week". By the time I saw it, my site had been down for a few hours. Does the system send out any warnings -- 24-48 hours before taking the site offline, perhaps? I hope it does, and it simply malfunctioned in my case. If there isn't such a warning, please consider adding one; it would be super helpful to minimize or eliminate unnecessary downtime.

I don't know how exactly the suspension is implemented, and I have only let my account go inactive once. I didn't even check my website to see if it displayed a suspended page I just saw the email and clicked the renew link immediately.

Perhaps it should give a bit of notice before the suspended page shows up (if it doesn't already.) Even just a day or so would help people a lot. Perhaps the timeline should look like this:

30 days from last login -> email warning -> 24 hours from email warning -> suspension page replaces website -> 1 week -> account queued for deletion

Or we could give them a warning email at 28 days or something and another when the suspension page shows up. (Ignore this entire post if it already gives a warning. I have no idea.)

cl58: Thank you for taking care of this so quickly

Krydos: Your suggestion is exactly what I had in mind. A warning at 29 days would be reasonable, but 28 days would be even better in light of occasional cPanel outages.

All: Thanks again

Guest Geoff

Actually, a warning is emailed one week before a month of inactivity. I guess some people's email just blocks it or something.

Yes, you posted in the right place. I locked that topic because this subforum is replacing that topic. ;)

Here are the particulars

1. drwhotht

2. drwhotht.heliohost.org

3. Stevie

4. Suspended

I've tried to log into cpanel and couldn't. Tried to do the renewal script and it didn't work. Hopefully going through the forums will provide some relief.

-- DSW

1. drwhotht

2. drwhotht.heliohost.org

3. Stevie

4. Suspended

I've tried to log into cpanel and couldn't. Tried to do the renewal script and it didn't work. Hopefully going through the forums will provide some relief.

I have manually unsuspended your account and it appears to be loading properly now. If you still see the suspension page clear your browser cache. If you still can't log in to cpanel, and the automated cpanel password reset doesn't work for you let us know and we can manually reset your password and pm you a new one.

Krydos, was is "SUSPENDED" or "INACTIVE"?

The database showed it as active, the last login date was within 30 days. When trying to view the page it displayed the suspended page. Did I do something wrong? :huh: