Trouble Moving Account from Stevie to Johnny

ericT

I tried to move my account from Stevie to Johnny, so I read the info you have about moving and it said cancel your account wait 2 days and open the account on a new server. After I canceled the account it started comming up as suspended and it still is, even though I canceled almost a week ago. My username is ethelin.

@ericT: Do you want that account deleted or unsuspended?

I don't really care if it is deleted or unsuspended. My intention was to move the account to Johnny so I could try out some of the more advanced server side scripting options available there. Last week I looked up how to make the move on

http://wiki.heliohost.org/wiki/Moving_your_account

That text seems to indicate that I should delete the account first and then create a new one on the new server. If that is correct I am happy with that.

I have tried several times to recreate the account on Johnny, and it simply does not work. You have not deleted ethelin yet. There still seems to be some ghost of that account somewhere in your system that is preventing me from recreating/moving the account to Johnny.

I get the following error: We're sorry, but that username has already been taken. Please go back and enter a different username.

@ericT: Your account "ethelin" has been deleted.

I have tried several times to recreate the account on Johnny, and it simply does not work. You have not deleted ethelin yet. There still seems to be some ghost of that account somewhere in your system that is preventing me from recreating/moving the account to Johnny.

I can confirm that the account ethelin is still in the database. It is currently marked as suspended. If you wish me to try to delete it manually pm me or post the email address you used to create that account as verification that it is your account. It might be that it is just in the deletion queue already and has gotten stuck or fallen through the cracks, but I can try to see what I can do.

By the way, I've only had my moderator powers for a couple hours at this point so I apologize in advance if I am being overly cautious. The account doesn't show as being linked to a helionet account so I just want to make sure I'm not trying to delete some random unrelated persons account.

Splitting threads...

If you wish me to try to delete it manually pm me or post the email address you used to create that account as verification that it is your account.

When I asked that it still showed you as actively browsing the forum so I was hoping for a quick response. Since this issue has been going on for quite a while (probably 10+ days) I went ahead and manually deleted the account. It is no longer showing up in the database, and you should be able to create your new account on Johnny now. Let us know if you have other issues signing up again.

Signups are still available at the time of this post on Johnny. You can monitor signup times and if signups are still available for the day here http://heliohost.uni.cc/sign-up.php