which search engine do u prefer?

Youtube is nice and now its owned by google. But the problem with youtube is that you can only watch the video and you can't save it so I'd have to be on the internet each and every time that I want to watch the videos, and one more problem is that my slow internet connection slows down even more when I'm watching that video.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Firefox extension that enables you to download videos from youtube directly to your hard drive. Of course you have to have special player to these files, but it's quite attractive to you...

i think it's called VideoDownloader...and when you download it and open it the plug in gives u instructions on downloading this other program called RIVA flv encoder that rips the video from the flash files (youtube stores the videos in .swf files)

correct me if i'm wrong...

here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3242

• 2 weeks later...

ahah. first, i love how the domain name is google.com...xD google's taking overr...

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/...amp;topic=10517

they say currently its not available, but suggests alternative ways...but it doesnt seem like they're against downloading them (if that was possible...-cough-videodownloader-cough-)

vixy.net is not all that good. I think that downloading from torrents is better. Can anyone help me out with utorrent I just can't make it work.

I do have limewire pro and somehow the torrent file opened in limewire pro. I don't know how it works but at least it does. Help needed.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm starting to dislike Google now. The search results they give you has been "modified." I mean that if you search for something like "translator" it will give you results that includes translation, translater, etc. I do not like that. Because in certain situations, a different spelling like that could mean a lot of a difference.

but newnova.org is just torent search .. and i do not know what to do with torrents .. i meen when i download the turrents then what shud i do

by the way .. anyone know any beyblade episode downloads site yet

vixy.net is not all that good. I think that downloading from torrents is better. Can anyone help me out with utorrent I just can't make it work.

I do have limewire pro and somehow the torrent file opened in limewire pro. I don't know how it works but at least it does. Help needed.

First you get a torrent program. I would recommend utorrent.

Download it here:

http://www.utorrent.com/

Then you go search for what you want in a torrent search engine.

I would recommend this search engine:

www.torrentspy.com All the ads are very annoying but it is one of the biggest torrent databases.

Then you download the torrent, open the torrent up with utorrent, a screen will pop up, don't change anything just scroll down and click ok, and it will start downloading. It is exactly like file sharing.

Wow how did you get the torrent to work limewire. You should try searching for the video you want in limewire it should come up. For other file sharing programs I would go to:

www.oldversion.com

They don't have the most current versions, but it has a lot of them. Plus you can go to the filesharing programs website, and download the most current version.

I was waiting for an answer for so long but then I searched on the internet to find out how it works and then soon came to know about seeds, peers and leechers. Then I tried downloading a file with some seeds and finally did know how it works.

Anyways thanks for trying to help me out.

Besides downloading from torrents, you can also download using p2p software. I prefer using Limewire pro. First someone told me that kaaza was good then I came to know about limewire and starting from that day I started using limewire pro. I did have to give away some money but it was really worth it. And if you people don't want to spend money, then you can also download a free version of limewire from http://www.limewire.com

Besides downloading from torrents, you can also download using p2p software. I prefer using Limewire pro. First someone told me that kaaza was good then I came to know about limewire and starting from that day I started using limewire pro. I did have to give away some money but it was really worth it. And if you people don't want to spend money, then you can also download a free version of limewire from http://www.limewire.com

I have had the free version of Limewire for about 2 months, and it is pretty good.

But Kaaza & Kaaza Lite are better. The reason is because with both you can download a lot more, and are more safe. But that is my opinion.