[Solved] Remote PostgreSQL Access Request (Former title: My username is khokhma and i would like myaccount to be deleted)

khokhma

Hello, I mistakenly assumed that I could host my postgresql database with you and have remote access to it for my local application, but since I was wrong, please delete my account.

Have a nice day

Hello, we can certainly delete your account for you, but it is possible to connect remotely to a PostgreSQL database, and we can set this up for you if you want. 

Remote access for PostgreSQL is disabled by default for security reasons and since most users don't want or need it anyway. 

If you want remote access, please let us know 1) your database name and 2) the database username that you want to have access. We can then ask the root admins to enable remote access, and they'll let you know the connection details to use.

Otherwise if you want to go ahead with the account deletion please let us know if you only want your hosting account deleted, or if you also want your forum account deleted too. There may be other reasons behind your wish to cancel, but if the only reason was the lack of current remote access to PostgreSQL, we can change this for you. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Really? Thank you!
I assumed that this was a more loaded option for hosting and dropped the idea of asking.

If so, then firstly, thank you for understanding and answering, and secondly, please open remote access to the database khokhma_taskdistributor and user khokhma_taskdisuser.

A thousand thanks and my admiration for the human approach🙂

• Like 1

• KazVee changed the title to Remote PostgreSQL Access Request (Former title: My username is khokhma and i would like myaccount to be deleted)
13 hours ago, khokhma said:

khokhma_taskdistributor and user khokhma_taskdisuser.

Remote access enabled.

host=65.19.154.90
port=5432
username=khokhma_taskdisuser
dbname=khokhma_taskdistributor
password=<set in Plesk>

• Krydos locked this topic