IP blocked for too many failed email attempts

Ookma-Kyi

32 minutes ago, wolstech said:

What IP is blocked? The one you posted from isn't blocked.

I've been trying to help over Discord so I've unblocked their IP. The issue now seems specific to their mobile: the password works on desktop and mobile using webmail, but when they try to sign in via mobile using iMail, it gets stuck on 'verifying'.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:06 PM, KazVee said:

I've been trying to help over Discord so I've unblocked their IP. The issue now seems specific to their mobile: the password works on desktop and mobile using webmail, but when they try to sign in via mobile using iMail, it gets stuck on 'verifying'.

To add to what KazVee said, yes he unblocked it via Discord. However it actually was blocked twice within 3 minutes apart. The issue is with IMail it gets stuck on verifying. On Outlook mobile it fails with “Authentication Failed” even though the same user name and password works on Desktop Outlook and webmail on mobile. Either way it eventually ends with the IP address being blocked for too many failed attempts and having to bother staff to get it unblocked. 😥

Change the server to tommy2.heliohost.org. Using your own domain for the server name is a known issue.

Also, if port 143 doesn't work, try port 993 with SSL or TLS encryption, and select the option for require logon with SPA.