[Solved] Request for account unsuspension for ajhalili2006

Hi Heliohost Support,

I got automatically suspended for unknown reasons, possibly related to an IP-based auto-banhammer. To my knowledge, I do not have any other donor or non-donor accounts other than this one. I think it may be related to the volume of incoming emails and some test emails I sent for deliverability checks and DKIM setup via the Plesk dashboard. I hope this resolves the issue since I am currently using the service for receiving emails as well as hosting my static website and some experimental MediaWiki instance setups. Thank you in advance.

If the reason is too sensitive to be published here, please send me an email over the email address I used for the forum.

Additional information:

• Primary domain: ajhalili2006.helioho.st
  • Server: tommy
Edited by ajhalili2006

Sending too many emails. (2024-09-06) 249

The limit is 50/day. You also previously had mail service disabled for sending well over 100 on a prior day, but re-enabled your own mail (mail service removes itself when you exceed the limits, re-enabling it and continuing to send mail without contacting support results in a suspension for limit evasion).

Can you explain why you were sending so many emails?

1 minute ago, wolstech said:

The limit is 50/day. You also previously had mail service disabled for sending well over 100 on a prior day, but re-enabled your own mail (mail service removes itself when you exceed the limits, re-enabling it and continuing to send mail without contacting support results in a suspension for limit evasion).

Can you explain why you were sending so many emails?

I think email forwarding from my alias domain into addon domain was the culprit, so I'll be using Cloudflare's email forwarding instead if that is the case.

Yeah, forwarding will do it...each time it forwards an email, each recipient it forwards to would be counted as a sent message.

Please remove the forwarder and fix the issue quickly. We can also raise the limit instead if you want, but I'd need to ask about that as this scenario is unusual (our usual process  for increases is aimed at mitigating spam complaints from bulk email...forwarding between domains on the same account is kind of unusual in itself...). If you'd like me to look into that, let me know.

Unsuspended.

4 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Yeah, forwarding will do it...each time it forwards an email, each recipient it forwards to would be counted as a sent message.

Please remove the forwarder and fix the issue quickly. We can also raise the limit instead if you want, but I'd need to ask about that as this scenario is unusual (our usual process  for increases is aimed at mitigating spam complaints from bulk email...forwarding between domains on the same account is kind of unusual in itself...). If you'd like me to look into that, let me know.

Unsuspended.

Thanks for the advice, will fix it immediately after logging back in to Plesk.

13 minutes ago, wolstech said:

It should work again in a few minutes. Tommy is being slow unsuspending you...

Still checking and clearing caches behind the scenes. In the meanwhile, I removed the MX record pointing to tommy and used my previous email provider for that alias domain while waiting for an update.

If it is still stuck, can you disable the mailbox for andreijiroh.xyz domain and clear the incoming and forwarding mail queue on the backend for me if it is still causing problems?

9 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Try it now.

It worked for me (did a password reset first just in case). Thanks and apologies for the forward loop hell.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 8:46 AM, ajhalili2006 said:

It worked for me (did a password reset first just in case). Thanks and apologies for the forward loop hell.

Since it seems to have given you no further problems I'm going to mark this thread as [Solved] but please create a new topic if we can help you with anything else. 🙂