[Solved] Activation of DKIM SPF DMARC

vvenet

User vvenet.

Dear support, from PLESK's interface, I activated DKIM for the domain stichtingdecitadel.nl. After 72 hours the DKIM value has not been propagated (using https://www.mail-tester.com/spf-dkim-check). I read on this forum that the final DKIM record value activation has to be done by you (administrator).

I therefore kindly request activation of dkim, spf and dmarc for the domain stichtingdecitadel.nl as followed:
- DKIM: following the value provided by Plesk
- SPF: v=spf1 a mx ip4:65.19.141.66 ip4:65.19.141.77 ip4:65.19.141.67 ip4:64.62.151.106 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::3 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2002 ip6: 2001:470:1:1ee::2009 include:_spf.google.com include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl ~all
- DMARC: v=DMARC1; p=none

FYI: I determined the spf value on the spf values of heliohost.org and other values I found on the forum and Plesk. Correct/improve it please if necessary but please keep/add "include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl". Thank you. 🙂

Plesk does not have the ability to talk to our DNS, so these will never set up on their own. Also, several IPs in that SPF (notably the .77 and .67 IPs) are obsolete or irrelevent (.66 and ::3 don't host any user accounts and would never send user emails). You only need the .106 and :2009 IPs for Johnny.

I'll let Krydos add the DKIM value as I cannot figure out why that record causes the zone file to become invalid (named-checkzone comes back invalid with a syntax error on the line with the key if I add it, so I removed the DKIM line for now). SPF and DMARC are added.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vvenet said:

After 72 hours the DKIM value has not been propagated

DKIM, SPF, and DMARC have been set up for the domain stichtingdecitadel.nl. We recommend sending a test email to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to make sure that everything is set up correctly. If you get less than a 10/10 score please post a link to the full report so we can help you fix any other issues that there may be.

1 hour ago, wolstech said:

I'll let Krydos add the DKIM value as I cannot figure out why that record causes the zone file to become invalid (named-checkzone comes back invalid with a syntax error on the line with the key if I add it, so I removed the DKIM line for now). SPF and DMARC are added.

Plesk frequently produces DKIM values that are too long to fit on a single TXT record. In those cases you must break the TXT record into 2 pieces. You can take a look at the DNS zone now if you want to see how it's done.

• Like 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Activation of DKIM SPF DMARC

Thank you so much for updating. Can you please add the spf values of Ziggo too (my Dutch provider)?

"v=spf1 ip4:64.62.151.106 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2009 include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl ~all"

In some cases it is very practical for me and it saves me time for making an alias e-mail each time on Plesk. I can do it quickly in Outlook in case I need to send an e-mail through the mx-server of Ziggo but with "stichtingdecitadel.nl" as the sender. Since the domain name itself is hosted on Heliohost, there will always be a sfp query on the mx-server at Heliohost even if the outbound e-mail is send through the mx-server of Ziggo. Thank you. 🙂 

root@control [~]# dig +short TXT @ns1.heliohost.org stichtingdecitadel.nl
"v=spf1 ip4:64.62.151.106 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2009 include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl ~all"
root@control [~]# dig +short TXT @ns2.heliohost.org stichtingdecitadel.nl

• Like 1