vvenet

Hello, I would like to add the following domains to my account:

account name: vvenet

domains:
vve.net
hertog.org
2btc.nl

I will be moving these domains to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org
Where/how can I modify the DNS's value for these domain?
E.g. for TXT records to enter SPF values?

Thank you and kind regards.

I've added the domains for you, but it can take up to 2 hours for them to work fully. If after an entire 2 hours they still don't work for you, please make sure you clear your browser cache. You can find guidance on how to clear your cache here: https://wiki.helionet.org/misc/clear-your-cache

Please note that you now have a total of 9 domains/subdomains on your account, and the limit is 10 so you can add no more than 1 without deleting some already on there. (There are plans to offer paid options for users who want more than 10 domains/subdomains but there's no ETA for this to be implemented as yet.)

To use HelioHost's nameservers, you would add ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org into your domain registrar's DNS dashboard section. We have some how-to documents in the DNS Record Management section of the Wiki here: https://wiki.helionet.org/tutorials/dns-record-management with guidance, but if these don't help please let us know and we can try to offer further advice.

Account: vvenet . 

Thank you for your swift reply. From within my account, I added about three years ago some domains on your server. Just to figure out how it all worked. You were using cPanel then. I was possible to add/remove/change domains then yourself. From that period the 'username.heliohost.us' are in my account. As far as I remember it was only possible in those days to add (by yourself) domains with the syntax 'domainname.username.heliohost.us'.

You were then getting into a discussion with cPanel about their unreasanble position of getting money from you. Rightfully so, you decided to change to another control panel Plesk.

Now I always want to find things out myself before turning to real-person assitance.Since I can't configure the DNS settings myself, it will be easiest for you to know what my whishes are. My wish is simple: domainname points to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org. DNS provides info for location of a simple website (with SSL) and pop/imap/smtp e-mail (able to configure DKIM and SPF record). 

For now, can you please remove all 'domainname.vvenet.heliohost.us' from your DNS and add 'domainname' instead on your ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org please? For instance delete 'stichtingdecitadel.nl.vvenet.heliohost.us' and add 'stichtingdecitadel.nl' instead of it and point it to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org. The same for the other four 'domainname.vvenet.heliohost.us' domains in my account. After this, then also delete 'vvenet.heliohost.us' since it is of no use anymore.

Thank you and kind regards.

For instance delete 'stichtingdecitadel.nl.vvenet.heliohost.us' and add 'stichtingdecitadel.nl' instead of it and point it to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org

Do you own these domains? Any domain not ending in heliohost.us, heliohost.org (no longer available to users), or helioho.st must be purchased from a registrar, and you would set the name servers on the registrar's site. All we do is add the domain on your account.

Looking at the domains on your account that you want us to rename, none of them are pointed to us and so wouldn't work if we renamed them.

If you own the domains, please let us know and we'll go ahead and rename them.

Dear Wolstech, thank you for your swift reply. I can confirm that I own these domains. I have full access to the registrar's DNS in order to have those domains pointed to Heliohost's hosting servers. 

To start with, I would first like to configure stichtingdecitadel.nl correctly. Learn from that and once that domain has been configered properly, have the other domains pointing to Heliohost. I do this step-by-step since I don't want to disturb incoming and outgoing e-mails from the other domains. Once all is configered well, I can swiftly configure the other domains too. 

For your information, the domain stichtingdecitadel.nl is already pointing to Heliohost (ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org since this is stated at https://wiki.helionet.org/faq#what-are-the-nameservers-for-heliohost). If I have to set it to another Heliohost nameserver, please forward me those details. 🙂 

Thank you so much for your patience and understaning. Kind regards.